Register Now
killamch89

EA May Lose FIFA Name & License As FIFA Charges $1 Billion For Renewal & EA Refuses To Pay

This is sweet chin music to my ears!  I knew that both of these companies are greedy as hell but I must admit I never thought it would come to this!  I should have though, it was only a matter of time before the unfettered greed of both these monopolistic conglomerates locked horns against each other.

I guess FIFA figured they weren't charging enough money given the billions of dollars that Ultimate Team makes across Madden and FIFA.  Now that government's across the world are on the verge of shutting down their money printing gambling mechanics it's not exactly surprising that EA aren't so keen to pay the bill.  This is pretty stupid on the part of FIFA because no other publisher is going to pay that kind of money if they can't get a return using the same bullshit monetisation.

I harbor no sympathies though.  If this means that FIFA, or at least the current exploitative EA Sports FIFA disappears I'm so fucking in!  Fuck FIFA and fuck EA!

4 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

This is sweet chin music to my ears!  I knew that both of these companies are greedy as hell but I must admit I never thought it would come to this!  I should have though, it was only a matter of time before the unfettered greed of both these monopolistic conglomerates locked horns against each other.

I guess FIFA figured they weren't charging enough money given the billions of dollars that Ultimate Team makes across Madden and FIFA.  Now that government's across the world are on the verge of shutting down their money printing gambling mechanics it's not exactly surprising that EA aren't so keen to pay the bill.  This is pretty stupid on the part of FIFA because no other publisher is going to pay that kind of money if they can't get a return using the same bullshit monetisation.

I harbor no sympathies though.  If this means that FIFA, or at least the current exploitative EA Sports FIFA disappears I'm so fucking in!  Fuck FIFA and fuck EA!

Well said - But I looked it up and EA sports makes 1.49 Billion dollars from all their sports series combined so I can definitely see why they probably won't pay that. As for governments shutting them down - only Belgium has acted so far so we have a long way to go on that frontier. Having said that, this is freaking hilarious! I also can't stand Fifa because of their greed and corrupt practices but I just love when two soulless companies go at it. As I said in the comments, I don't particularly like either company but it's full time somebody gave EA a taste of their medicine.

Football governing body FIFA did marvelous job by issuing EA to pay $1 billion for renewal. EA is making much simply releasing almost same video game all year. They got what it takes to cover such cost and maintain their license with FIFA game series through football governing body 'FIFA. 

An absurd price, to be honest but I love that FIFA is doing this to EA. They have been an awful, awful company and there is no other company that deserves something like this especially considering how much money they make from us. 

The problem for FIFA is that we don't really care that much about the name of the game

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

FIFA world football governing body have seen the Monopoly in EA FIFA management, which led to enough reasons to charge them such hefty amount. 

Yeah - they know how much money they could make from licensing out their name so Fifa decided to bring about competition so ultimately, Fifa will make most of the profits.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:37 AM, skyfire said:

I think the price of game and the in game item sales would make that license fees easily cleared as there is a market for the game too. 

It's so ironic that EA has finally met their match in Fifa - one of the most greedy and corrupt entities in football.