Register Now
DC

Please Consider Disabling Your Ad Blocker to Support VGR

Hey everyone!

First of all, I just wanted to give a huge thank-you to all of our members for your continued trust and confidence in VGR. Each of you brings unique perspective and compelling conversation to our forum, making VGR the welcoming and engaging community it is.

I have a special request for you. I’d like to ask that you please consider disabling your ad blocker.

Doing so helps us to continue to pay our bills for hosting and for our writers at our homepage located here.

The extra dollars also go to further supporting Bid for Rewards, our free giveaways to our members, which is coming back soon.

The quality of your experience on VGR forum is very important to me, which is why we only have 2 non-intrusive banner ads and 1 video ad. The video ad is capped to 5 times per 24-hour period, and is temporary.

I value your feedback, so I welcome any thoughts you have regarding our ads.

Disabling your ad blocker will help us continue to provide you with the giveaways, news posts and guides, and other great features and content you love at VGR.

Thank you again for all of your participation and support. I really appreciate it!

I never use ad-blocker. I dislike ads and they can be a pain in the butt at times when you are on sites and you can't read or see anything with advertisment showing 50% of the screen, But in the meantime Having a ad-blcoker can also make no profit for the site. Shame. 

You can always get an plugin that detects members/traffic that they are using ad-blocker and disable to use the site. 

As long as sites aren't annoying with their ads, I'm always happy to disable my ad-blocker especially for sites that are useful and fun to spend time on, such as VGR obviously. The sites that bombard you with ads and pop-ups just are way too annoying unfortunately.

I'll be honest and say that I do currently have one enabled for VGR, and unfortunately re-installed one purely because of this site and YouTube (sorry!). My work device (😆) is pretty small, and the ads here make it horrible to use - especially the video ad. I didn't realise it was capped to show only 5 times in 24 hours though.. I might try again with the blocker disabled to show support, unless you have an ad-free "premium" service as an alternative?

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I do turn it off for VGR but most other sites are intrusive with their ads so it stays on for most of the others.

Lol, don't you want others to earn from Ads pop up? Since they are serving you at that moment, it's good to show some love too. 

I do use ad block to access most of the internet while on my computer, but not my phone. I try to remember to turn it off for VGR, but it's inevitable that I forget at least some of the time. The recent video has odd helped me remember to turn it off because if I refresh VGR and it doesn't play realise that I've turned it off. Still, I'll do my best @DC.

On 10/16/2021 at 1:48 AM, Justin11 said:

My ad-blocker is always disabled, I see it as hindrance to any site I am into. Since I know website revenue generation comes from ads also, their is no need blocking the Ads from showing up. If I do block the Ads, then it shows I'm heartless. 

Most people don't really think in this angle when it comes to allowing ads display on the devices when using any particular website. It really sucks for websites trying to generate revenue from such ads on their devices. 

7 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Most people don't really think in this angle when it comes to allowing ads display on the devices when using any particular website. It really sucks for websites trying to generate revenue from such ads on their devices. 

I understand it sucks, but since they are generating revenue from those Ads, I think its best we just allow the Ads pop-up since we aren't supporting them in any other way. 

27 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I understand it sucks, but since they are generating revenue from those Ads, I think its best we just allow the Ads pop-up since we aren't supporting them in any other way. 

Yeah - I get that it's one of the ways that websites gets monetized, so it's not a bad or big thing to ask from the members to help out.