Register Now
DC

Please Consider Disabling Your Ad Blocker to Support VGR

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - I get that it's one of the ways that websites gets monetized, so it's not a bad or big thing to ask from the members to help out. 

Yes, it's never bad, if users can't do that, then it shows lack of support to the project in which he has set up tremendously. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I understand it sucks, but since they are generating revenue from those Ads, I think its best we just allow the Ads pop-up since we aren't supporting them in any other way. 

There is no denying the fact that some of these ads gets on one's nerves but it takes two to tango. It's why I have made an exception for the community. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is no denying the fact that some of these ads gets on one's nerves but it takes two to tango. It's why I have made an exception for the community. 

I understand your points, it can simply become too annoying especially when it is intrusive enough. I've witnessed that in many websites I am into, but such never made me turning my ad blocker ON. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I understand your points, it can simply become too annoying especially when it is intrusive enough. I've witnessed that in many websites I am into, but such never made me turning my ad blocker ON. 

It's good that you found a way to allow so many ads not interrupting what you do on websites. It's only when they stop me from accessing the site that I can't allow them at all. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's good that you found a way to allow so many ads not interrupting what you do on websites. It's only when they stop me from accessing the site that I can't allow them at all. 

Laughs, that's true. When they stop you, then their is no other choice left just cut them off because it doesn't represent what you want. It's simply more than intrusive in nature, I wouldn't take that too. 

On 10/18/2021 at 11:58 PM, Justin11 said:

Yes, it's never bad, if users can't do that, then it shows lack of support to the project in which he has set up tremendously. 

I have seen some forums that won't allow the page to run once your ad blocker is enabled. Have you come across such websites in the past? 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have seen some forums that won't allow the page to run once your ad blocker is enabled. Have you come across such websites in the past? 

I have seen it on multiple occasions. When you load the page, it will pop up a red flag asking you to disable ad blocker to join the website. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yes, I've been around such websites, and they are mostly forum. Because they spent money to buy such plugin that detects such via the website when users try to block the intrusive ads. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, I've been around such websites, and they are mostly forum. Because they spent money to buy such plugin that detects such via the website when users try to block the intrusive ads. 

Yeah, I think its kind of a not cool to use such strategies at all. It's more like being a forcing hand in how one wants to access a website. 

Just now, Boblee said:

Yeah, I think its kind of a not cool to use such strategies at all. It's more like being a forcing hand in how one wants to access a website. 

Laughs, that's true, they are simply forcing you now to use their Ads feature or simply not visiting sourcing for the information you came looking for. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Laughs, that's true, they are simply forcing you now to use their Ads feature or simply not visiting sourcing for the information you came looking for. 

If such platforms doesn't offer me something that's worth it for me to be dealing with lots of ads, I'm definitely not spending too much time on the forum when they force me to allow ads. 

Just now, Boblee said:

If such platforms doesn't offer me something that's worth it for me to be dealing with lots of ads, I'm definitely not spending too much time on the forum when they force me to allow ads. 

That's how it should be. When you aren't receiving what made you hang on to the site, it means moving off from the site. But when it meets your requirements then you hang on to source for what you came for. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's how it should be. When you aren't receiving what made you hang on to the site, it means moving off from the site. But when it meets your requirements then you hang on to source for what you came for. 

If the website makes it like an appeal to allow ad blocker on just VGR did, there is no way I would turn down the request. But if not, it's going to be hard for me to allow it especially if the site was set up to force my hands. 

1 minute ago, Boblee said:

If the website makes it like an appeal to allow ad blocker on just VGR did, there is no way I would turn down the request. But if not, it's going to be hard for me to allow it especially if the site was set up to force my hands. 

VGR is still very much user friendly. The Ads aren't much, it's simply at utmost one sided here in the forum, which isn't intrusive at all. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

VGR is still very much user friendly. The Ads aren't much, it's simply at utmost one sided here in the forum, which isn't intrusive at all. 

I have noticed at least a few ads pop up or should I say slide in ever since I disabled mine for the community. It's not that bad as it doesn't stop me from doing anything on the site.