Register Now
DC

Please Consider Disabling Your Ad Blocker to Support VGR

21 minutes ago, m76 said:

I'd do that, but auto play loud  ear blasting ads is where I draw the line.

With video ads right? That's the height of it because it stops you completely from doing what you were doing before the interruption. 

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here who does disable their ad blocker for VGR. As many of you know, I write for the site, so your support means a lot to me 🙂

Yeah - no problem. As a long time member of the site, I'll support it any way I can.

30 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - no problem. As a long time member of the site, I'll support it any way I can.

We are all rallying in support for the community. It's the little extra thing that we can do with our engagements in comments too. 

5 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here who does disable their ad blocker for VGR. As many of you know, I write for the site, so your support means a lot to me 🙂

And your contents here I do enjoy. VGR have proven to be enjoyable to me ever since I stepped in. I'll always support the forum via my own little way. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have noticed at least a few ads pop up or should I say slide in ever since I disabled mine for the community. It's not that bad as it doesn't stop me from doing anything on the site. 

Yes, it doesn't stop one from participating in the daily activities of posting here. At times it covers half of my screen, I am still making use of the other half. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

We are all rallying in support for the community. It's the little extra thing that we can do with our engagements in comments too. 

I agree.

35 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

And your contents here I do enjoy. VGR have proven to be enjoyable to me ever since I stepped in. I'll always support the forum via my own little way. 

That's the spirit!

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

We are simply moving up in the forum 'VGR. No matter how the ads might be annoying now, I wouldn't back off, I am enjoying the site, learning from fellow gamers. 

Ads here so far aren't annoying as far as I'm concerned. It's why I was too quick not to worry about it with the ad blocker being off. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

We are simply moving up in the forum 'VGR. No matter how the ads might be annoying now, I wouldn't back off, I am enjoying the site, learning from fellow gamers. 

It's the very least thing that we can do in support of the forum. It's not like we are being asked to pay or anything, it's just the use of our data and that's it. 

22 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's the very least thing that we can do in support of the forum. It's not like we are being asked to pay or anything, it's just the use of our data and that's it. 

Sure, we aren't asked to pay, it's simply using the data, and allowing the Ads to keep popping up and that's all. 

On 10/22/2021 at 12:22 PM, Justin11 said:

Sure, we aren't asked to pay, it's simply using the data, and allowing the Ads to keep popping up and that's all. 

Yeah - I have been on some forum where a donation ticket was opened for members to support the forum to donate points and I was like what for? There are some understandable and reasonable things to ask for and not awkward assistance. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah - I have been on some forum where a donation ticket was opened for members to support the forum to donate points and I was like what for? There are some understandable and reasonable things to ask for and not awkward assistance. 

You're right, but at times donations are part of a way for forums to generate revenue. But many doesn't like such method, they simply use other monetization means to generate revenue in their forum.