Final Fantasy X
Tidus And Auron sent to the farplane

Metal Gear Solid
Sniper Wolf's death and Otacon's declaration of love

Resident Evil 2
Ada Wong's "suicide"

Edited by Oblivion Knight

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This is one of the few moments in any video game where I was literally shook up. It's a huge accomplishment that they even got me to care in the first place. Normally, I'd just shrug my shoulders and be link whatever. This moment in Spec Ops really struck me.

I'm not sure if I have seen anyone that hit me like this game Spec Ops - The Line with the use of White Phosphorus on innocent people. 

For me, the ending of Red Dead Redemption was the most traumatic for me. RDR is my favorite game, and I got so attached to John, that at the end of the game, I was just so sad and upset. This might not be as traumatic for other people, but RDR was the first game where I was actually invested in the characters and the ending just hit really hard.

11 hours ago, Empire said:

For me, the ending of Red Dead Redemption was the most traumatic for me. RDR is my favorite game, and I got so attached to John, that at the end of the game, I was just so sad and upset. This might not be as traumatic for other people, but RDR was the first game where I was actually invested in the characters and the ending just hit really hard.

Didn't it end perfectly as you expected it to be? 

RDR2 SPOILER ALERT
SKIP IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED YET

The death if Arthur. When he died from TB and Dutch fully betrayed him in every way that was left. Dutch had been a traitor for a while, but what he did on the mountain to Arthur showed that he never cared to begin with. But watching Arthur take his last breath and die made me cry like a baby. I didn’t cry when my grandparents died, but with Arthur I lost a part of myself. The family I’ve never had died with Arthur. Everyone went their own way. Family was over with.

I was heartbroken.

On 10/17/2021 at 5:54 AM, Empire said:

Playing RDR2 makes RDR's ending hit even harder because you get to see where John Marston was coming from and why he made the decision to betray the gang. However, he should know you can't trust the government to keep their word.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Playing RDR2 makes RDR's ending hit even harder because you get to see where John Marston was coming from and why he made the decision to betray the gang. However, he should know you can't trust the government to keep their word.

They never do realize it's with the government to always look out for themselves first. It's like what happened with Shishio Makato in Rurouni Kenshin - The Inferno when the government betrayed him and almost killed him. 

13 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The Last of Us Part 2 Joel Death is one that was very emotional for me as well. I really felt too bad with how everything went down with his death. 

Isn't a FPS companion video game? For you to feel sad about the death of Joel. 

47 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Isn't a FPS companion video game? For you to feel sad about the death of Joel. 

I don't really know why I had that kind of emotional experience with that particular scene in the game. I still can't explain it till date.