Register Now
StaceyPowers

Can I uninstall DA Inquisition from PS5 without losing save data?

Careful though. A problem I keep finding for save files, is that they are rendered useless if a game has a new update. Your save file won't be updated and won't work unless the game stays on the system or if the game has had no new updates once it was uninstalled. Not sure if the save file stays updated if saved in PS+. It actually may be a better choice. Do not depend on an external storage or let it just sit in the system. Game updates are a b***h and a half. 

For example: you have a save file from a game and the save file is tied to a game with update 2.0. Your save file is 2.0.

You uninstall the game...

You reinstall...there is an update 3.0 you MUST update before it downloads any save file. It won't give you a choice; believe me. 

The game now won't read your 2.0 save file

Maybe turn off network before reinstalling in case there is some update. Now the problem occurs if your save file is 2.0 and the original disc install is version 1.0. 

It will say to update the game to read the save file

It will work just fine if there was no other update but the 2.0

Let's say update 3.0 is out on the game after you uninstalled it

Your save file is 2.0 and the disc is 1.0

You are forced to update to read your 2.0 save file, but it updates the latest version of 3.0

Your save file 2.0 won't work on the 3.0

On 10/16/2021 at 3:54 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

For example: you have a save file from a game and the save file is tied to a game with update 2.0. Your save file is 2.0.

You uninstall the game...

You reinstall...there is an update 3.0 you MUST update before it downloads any save file. It won't give you a choice; believe me. 

The game now won't read your 2.0 save file

Maybe turn off network before reinstalling in case there is some update. Now the problem occurs if your save file is 2.0 and the original disc install is version 1.0. 

It will say to update the game to read the save file

It will work just fine if there was no other update but the 2.0

Let's say update 3.0 is out on the game after you uninstalled it

Your save file is 2.0 and the disc is 1.0

You are forced to update to read your 2.0 save file, but it updates the latest version of 3.0

Your save file 2.0 won't work on the 3.0

Thank you, this is very insightful!