Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone prefer gaming without followers/companions?

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You're simply right. If the companion partners will flow well in the battle ahead like the way the little baby did it will really make our time together tremendous, defeating the enemies without qualms. 

That's my kind of perfect companion or follower. A companion or a follower is supposed to help you out and not make it difficult for you to succeed in your quest. I'm picky when choosing my companion. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Experience in the game is what's going to help a follower know exactly what to do to support his lead man or character. It's supposed to be a mutual association. 

A.I. followers operate on a particular code so they base all their actions based on that code and not necessarily what you need which makes them useless except in very rare circumstances.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

A.I. followers operate on a particular code so they base all their actions based on that code and not necessarily what you need which makes them useless except in very rare circumstances.

If their coding can be altered to suit the objective of the player it's something that would really make more sense in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

If their coding can be altered to suit the objective of the player it's something that would really make more sense in my opinion. 

I'm not sure if that's is possible but if it should be, it's a welcome development that most gamers would exploit. 

On 10/20/2021 at 9:20 AM, Boblee said:

That's my kind of perfect companion or follower. A companion or a follower is supposed to help you out and not make it difficult for you to succeed in your quest. I'm picky when choosing my companion. 

If I can have a choice of a companion via any mission which I'm going it will really make sense. I never gotten a chance to pick any companion in any of the companion games I've played. Maybe, I didn't bother to search for such option, most of the time I started randomly. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

If I can have a choice of a companion via any mission which I'm going it will really make sense. I never gotten a chance to pick any companion in any of the companion games I've played. Maybe, I didn't bother to search for such option, most of the time I started randomly. 

Most of them are A.I assigned followers or companion. Some are quite equipped to offer a sensible support when they are with you. Although some games would turn it off if possible. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Most of them are A.I assigned followers or companion. Some are quite equipped to offer a sensible support when they are with you. Although some games would turn it off if possible. 

Can you recommend me those companion games you've played recently. Because I haven't played and had an option to pick from any of the companion listed. 

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Can you recommend me those companion games you've played recently. Because I haven't played and had an option to pick from any of the companion listed. 

I think that there is something like that in Frontline Commando shooting game where you get assigned teammates to help you and take out some enemies. 

24 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I think that there is something like that in Frontline Commando shooting game where you get assigned teammates to help you and take out some enemies. 

I remembered my time playing the F.commando game via my Android three years ago. Its a 3D Android game version, they assigned me foolish companions that can't chase then enemies and defeat them, always running carelessly to jam enemies who hack them down easily. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I remembered my time playing the F.commando game via my Android three years ago. Its a 3D Android game version, they assigned me foolish companions that can't chase then enemies and defeat them, always running carelessly to jam enemies who hack them down easily. 

Yeah, but what you failed to do was to upgrade them as well when you are upgrading your players and your weapons. It's the only way you get to enjoy them well. 

53 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, but what you failed to do was to upgrade them as well when you are upgrading your players and your weapons. It's the only way you get to enjoy them well. 

I understand, that I failed to upgrade them, equipped the weapons more to be more powerful. But as at the time i was sharing game mission with the companions, they weren't impressing me, that's why I got rid of them. 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

There are so many of them to choose from. I'm sure you must have played many of them but probably didn't understand it well. 

Here are so many of them to pick from. Mass Effect Legendary Edition is by favorite. 

https://www.giantbomb.com/ai-companion/3015-143/games/

Edited by Boblee