Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone here not use manual saves?

I always use the manual save function because I just don't trust the game to auto-save my progress. This is even more important in certain games where you will do certain things but they don't trigger the auto-save function. So any extra things you do after the last save is lost when you next play the game.

3 minutes ago, Darth said:

I always use the manual save function because I just don't trust the game to auto-save my progress. This is even more important in certain games where you will do certain things but they don't trigger the auto-save function. So any extra things you do after the last save is lost when you next play the game.

One reason why I don't like manual save is that; when you forget to save a successful mission, maybe their is an emergency power failure if you're using a console like play station. You'll feel so infuriated for such. 

On 10/21/2021 at 7:42 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I can’t imagine not making manual saves for games whenever games allow it—but I was surprised to learn that some people rely purely on auto saves. Does anyone here not use manual saves?

As far as I'm concerned, manual saves is the best way to getting your saving as you want them and not get put in a tight spot with what auto saves does most of the time. 

Most games comes with auto saves 🙂 good idea and helps allot, but it does not save when you really wanted it to be saved at. So I still do manual saves 🙂 

Also good to backup your save files also 😉 does anyone also copy there saved files? 

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Most games comes with auto saves 🙂 good idea and helps allot, but it does not save when you really wanted it to be saved at. So I still do manual saves 🙂 

Also good to backup your save files also 😉 does anyone also copy there saved files? 

Yes the most of the adventures game I played like Tomb raider or splinter cell, auto save option really help to save the games without manual intervention. So you don't have to worry for the interruptions in between the games.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:57 PM, Darth said:

The truth is that the system can actually save all your progress but it's going to keep messing the saves most of the time and saving when it's not really necessary.