Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you like silent protagonists? In what situations?

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

Does it really matter the kind of personality the protagonist carries? As long as he or she was about to do what's supposed, I'm good with it. 

Laughs, provided it's performing what it's been expected from em then their is no problem at all controlling your favourite protagonist in the game. 

On 10/21/2021 at 7:44 PM, StaceyPowers said:

How do you feel about the gaming convention of the silent protagonist? Do you like the protagonist to be silent as a rule, never silent as a rule, or silent in some types of games but not others?

I'm an explosive extrovert personality and I also prefer my protagonist to be the same or even any other characters that I'm going to role play. 

On 10/26/2021 at 11:42 AM, m76 said:

I think the only game where it worked because it was a novel idea was the original half-life. In half life 2 it was already detracting from the experience, not adding to it.

I have never really played that game but I have seen it's trailer and reviews on multiple occasions. Do you think it's worth playing from your experience with it? 

2 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I have never really played that game but I have seen it's trailer and reviews on multiple occasions. Do you think it's worth playing from your experience with it? 

Yes, they are both great games, but Half-Life 1 stood out more in its time than HL2 did when that came out. I finished Half-Life at least 10 times, and only played HL2 once or twice.

1 minute ago, m76 said:

Yes, they are both great games, but Half-Life 1 stood out more in its time than HL2 did when that came out. I finished Half-Life at least 10 times, and only played HL2 once or twice.

Wow, 10 times played already? That shows it's almost an irresistible game and far more better than HL2 for you to play it twice.