Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is the longest time you haven’t been able to install any new games because of storage limitations?

I’m already running up against storage limitations on my all-digital PS5. And many of my games require dozens or hundreds of hours to complete. It made me wonder what is the longest period of time anyone here has gone unable to install new games while completing old ones?

Welcome to my world...🤗

This is a constant struggle for me. I try not to keep all open worlds on the console and have a couple story based games on there that I know I can finish and delete. Every day my storage is full and it never changes because even if I delete a game, some update will take up storage space or I install a new game. I can't help it. So half is my fault. But I shouldn't be limited if I like variety. Cheers to that one eh!

10 seconds? Whatever time it takes to remove something old.

I can't say that I have experienced it on a console, as I only buy the very best exclusives and I play every game on PC that is possible.

Edited by m76

On 10/21/2021 at 9:02 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Welcome to my world...🤗

This is a constant struggle for me. I try not to keep all open worlds on the console and have a couple story based games on there that I know I can finish and delete. Every day my storage is full and it never changes because even if I delete a game, some update will take up storage space or I install a new game. I can't help it. So half is my fault. But I shouldn't be limited if I like variety. Cheers to that one eh!

Yeah, you have been complaining about that for long now and it seem like there is nothing you can do about it especially with the constant updating of some of these games you already have. 

On 10/21/2021 at 7:49 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I’m already running up against storage limitations on my all-digital PS5. And many of my games require dozens or hundreds of hours to complete. It made me wonder what is the longest period of time anyone here has gone unable to install new games while completing old ones?

Wow, that's going to be very frustrating even with the PS5 that offers more memory storage space than other PS consoles, what do they want us to do again? 🙄 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Never had that proplem, I have 6TB sapce and if I'm running out of disk space then I remove software or games that I do not play anymore 🙂 

I had over 200GB of games that I never played again, still installed. 

Which console or device are you making use of, that comes with 6TB of ROM? 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Which console or device are you making use of, that comes with 6TB of ROM? 

I think this is about external hard drive because, I don't think any computer can support that much of internal ROM. I too have 1TB external hard drive, and I guess there are larger drives available in the market too.

11 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I think this is about external hard drive because, I don't think any computer can support that much of internal ROM. I too have 1TB external hard drive, and I guess there are larger drives available in the market too.

What you said is correct, because such ROM @Empire mentioned is way too high for an internal storage. I never seen any computer on Earth having such as internal storage drive. 

10 hours ago, Empire said:

Never had that proplem, I have 6TB sapce and if I'm running out of disk space then I remove software or games that I do not play anymore 🙂 

I had over 200GB of games that I never played again, still installed. 

This should be on your PC I guess? It's the only platform that allows you to build it to your taste in a way it wouldn't lack anything.