Register Now
Justin11

Can you play till old age?

We know old age comes with weakness of the body, especially when we are extremely old. At that time we can minimize our interest in so many hobbies and gigs that brings us happiness in life. 

Do you think you'll continue playing games during such an age when your passion and love for natural sense of belonging is said to be deteriorating? 

28 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Nope - I can still keep this going until my body isn't physically capable of doing it. My passion for gaming has been with me since I was a kid and it's still here so I doubt I'll lose that passion.

Old age might might you lose the passion, die to weakness and tiredness of the body to carry on with such entertainment. You'll only be watching it and having the feeling of playing it but you might not be moved due to tiredness associated with old age. 

I will keep gaming as long as I have a functioning console and only have to get a new one every bunch of years. It isn't something the elderly would probably be spending too much money on including myself. Cause I don't see anything getting cheaper, especially with chip shortages. So I think most of us will be forced to let gaming go even if we didn't want to. Unless we have family that gets us new consoles for Christmas. But it doesn't take much energy playing from bed, so the issue I see is the lack of concentration to want to play, or having to learn and remember a bunch of stuff. Some games will be overwhelming. Other games may have a positive effect by increasing mood and helping memory. And they would probably need downloadable games instead of hard disc so they wouldn't have to get up to change the disc if bed ridden. We all are gonna have to go through some of these things. If anything, I'll probably be stuck playing the Nintendo Classic Mini with a bunch of games on it with simple buttons after all the expensive crap breaks down. 

I like to think that I would play games for a long time especially as I have been gaming from such a young age. I guess it would be a little weird and unusual if I ever gave up gaming in the future. Hopefully, by then, we will have some intuitive new ways of playing games.

7 minutes ago, Darth said:

I like to think that I would play games for a long time especially as I have been gaming from such a young age. I guess it would be a little weird and unusual if I ever gave up gaming in the future. Hopefully, by then, we will have some intuitive new ways of playing games.

My father who's above 75 years plus is still playing his chess game offline physically and it's something that I would very much like to do as well. 

15 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I don't know if I'll be able to afford gaming that far into the future.  I'll consider myself really old in the years 2055 and beyond.  I don't see myself having had all that much in career earnings by then and will really have to watch what I spend.

Remember 2055 is next 34 years. It depends on the age you are now. If you're around 30s, I believe you wouldn't be old by then. Like me, I wouldn't be old in 2055. 

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Remember 2055 is next 34 years. It depends on the age you are now. If you're around 30s, I believe you wouldn't be old by then. Like me, I wouldn't be old in 2055. 

It doesn't necessarily mean so, there is a possibility that one can wake up tomorrow and lose all interest with anything that's called games whether online or offline. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It doesn't necessarily mean so, there is a possibility that one can wake up tomorrow and lose all interest with anything that's called games whether online or offline. 

Hmm, I wonder what will really make me to lose my interest just like that around gaming. It wouldn't happen over night, even if it will, it gonna take some time. 

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

What I know is that I'm going to play with the current consoles I have until the bitter end.