Register Now
Justin11

Can you play till old age?

4 hours ago, Family sedan said:

What I know is that I'm going to play with the current consoles I have until the bitter end.

That's alright, you can simply stick to your old consoles. Who knows, you might get new consoles and still enjoy gaming at the later stages of your life. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

I don't see anything stopping me from playing games both online and offline till I'm old right now unless my health changes in the future. 

Once you're in good health both physically and mentally, and you are a good gaming fan, there is nothing that should stop you from playing unless death. 

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's alright, you can simply stick to your old consoles. Who knows, you might get new consoles and still enjoy gaming at the later stages of your life. 

Well, maybe if the PlayStation Network improves I'll get a PS5 when they become more readily available.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, Oblivion Knight said:

I've already noticed that my reaction times and hand-eye coordination perhaps isn't up to the levels of where they used to be, and I'm only in my late 30s.

It does make me wonder realistically whether I'll be able to continue playing certain types of games beyond a certain age.

Most people have the same challenge as they are getting old but for it to start happening to you in your late 30's is really sad. It will definitely impede your gaming for too long. 

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

Well, maybe if the PlayStation Network improves I'll get a PS5 when they become more readily available.

I believe it will be readily available come next year. At this time the gamers ordering it are simply bigger than the PS5 console numbers. 

On 10/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, Oblivion Knight said:

I've already noticed that my reaction times and hand-eye coordination perhaps isn't up to the levels of where they used to be, and I'm only in my late 30s.

It does make me wonder realistically whether I'll be able to continue playing certain types of games beyond a certain age.

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Most people have the same challenge as they are getting old but for it to start happening to you in your late 30's is really sad. It will definitely impede your gaming for too long. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not at a level of great concern at the moment, but it is noticeable.

It's why I haven't taken on the challenge of games such as Super Meat Boy. I doubt I'd be able to keep pace with the manoeuvres required, particularly in the later levels. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

What do you mean about D.C and Virginia? 

D.C is Washington DC is the Capital of United States of America and Virginia which is southeastern US state that stretches from the Chesapeake Bay to the Appalachian Mountains. 

@Family sedanis just talking about leaving those states. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

D.C is Washington DC is the Capital of United States of America and Virginia which is southeastern US state that stretches from the Chesapeake Bay to the Appalachian Mountains. 

@Family sedanis just talking about leaving those states. 

D.C. hasn't achieved statehood yet and for certain political reasons I'm hoping it doesn't.  Supposedly, D.C. has gained a metal scene in the last couple of years, so there is that.  I just hope that it trickles into Virginia.

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's why you need to relax your mind and watch when the console will be released much, and not just low release which it is going through now. 

No, my main issue is that I'm afraid of identity theft if I get a PS5 and you have to join the PlayStation Network.