Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with detailed character creation where you rarely see your character

On 10/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, Justin11 said:

I hate it when the game character, I mean my own character is halved. Where you won't see it's complete body just halfway holding the trigger, that's insane. 

What game precisely did you have such kind of character that's halved? I really think of any game in particular that I played that had such a character. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

What game precisely did you have such kind of character that's halved? I really think of any game in particular that I played that had such a character. 

Yes, it was halved and it's a mobile game called gladiator. The game doesn't display full coverage of my character that's why I hated it back then. 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, it was halved and it's a mobile game called gladiator. The game doesn't display full coverage of my character that's why I hated it back then. 

I'm going to check out the game gladiator to find out exactly what you meant by it being halved. Thanks for giving me the name of the game. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm going to check out the game gladiator to find out exactly what you meant by it being halved. Thanks for giving me the name of the game. 

You're welcome, you can check it on play store. When I played the game was via mobile symbian phone back then, it has an Android version, but I never checked on it, I heard some 

On 10/25/2021 at 11:42 PM, Justin11 said:

You're welcome, you can check it on play store. When I played the game was via mobile symbian phone back then, it has an Android version, but I never checked on it, I heard some 

Oh, it's even a mobile game - Gladiator. I don't think that I can stomach any mobile games for now. 

This goes for most 3D games as it's unlikely you'll see your character from all angles frequently. Especially bad in this regard is Final Fantasy XIV, RIFT and other MMOs. Not only are your unique features less likely to be appreciated, even more impossible is it to appreciate others' painstaking design choices unless they've mutated their character in such an absurd way it's more for ****s and giggles than roleplay.

What I think makes this OK is when you can still notice the effects of this even when you can't see them. When NPCs comment on your attractiveness (clothing in The Elder Scrolls, smell and bloodiedness in Kingdom Come: Deliverance which @killamch89 referenced earlier), amassed wealth, and simply one's stats, it goes a long way to making your character feel unique and noticed in the world. While The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim can take this too far (i.e how can a guard tell from looks alone that I'm an experienced alchemist, archer or alteration user?), I'd rather the game were with such things than without.

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Oh, it's even a mobile game - Gladiator. I don't think that I can stomach any mobile games for now. 

I tried to get the console version of the game but it's unavailable for consoles. Even the Android version isn't found at the moment. It's gladiator begins you'll get, and it's only compatible with PSP.