Register Now
Justin11

Do you think video game companies/devs can ever meet our demands?

Their is no single time you can't get to hear or see gamers expressing delusion about, where video game companies/devs got wrong. Like, the game being too buggy, slow, poor gameplay etc. 

Do you think this game devs can ever meet up with our wish-list? 

Usually, the complaints about games being buggy, slow and having poor gameplay tend to have a lot of merit and it's not just a gamer's delusion. Majority of the the games created in more recent years have fell horribly wide of the mark or missed it entirely so most dev teams aren't meeting the standards that gamers want.

18 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Usually, the complaints about games being buggy, slow and having poor gameplay tend to have a lot of merit and it's not just a gamer's delusion. Majority of the the games created in more recent years have fell horribly wide of the mark or missed it entirely so most dev teams aren't meeting the standards that gamers want.

They aren't meeting up in anyway, what you said is right. I wonder how long we'll keep on the wait to experience clean and perfect video game? 

I don't think so, and in a way I don't want them to. As the saying goes, "perfect is the enemy of good." It would be devoid of any artistic merit because instead of a developer doing what they want, they'd be doing entirely what we want, and if we want that we should just make our own game. And while "you think you do [want WoW Classic], but you don't" from J. Allen Brack at BlizzCon one time was tone-deaf and, err, completely incorrect, there is merit to it in other instances. I'm not a games designer, I likely never will be, but I know that my wishes will not implemented unless I can somehow conjure them into being myself. For all the reveration developers get they're not mind readers nor miracle workers.

It would be nice if bugs were free of all software, but it's likely an inescapable reality when you consider all the factors. It's not just the game, but the people behind it, the people interfacing with it, the hardware it's on, and what that hardware runs on, among myriad other factors.

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Of course yes, they can definitely meet our demands and wishes but they won't do it because they wouldn't want to spend so much resources in doing that. 

It's not about resources, but chasing trends and thinking they know better what people want than the people.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:10 PM, m76 said:

It's not about resources, but chasing trends and thinking they know better what people want than the people.

I think that might be the case too but it still not going to change my thoughts on them not being willing to spend much on the game making.