Register Now
StaceyPowers

Have you ever participated in a study or survey involving gaming?

I've answered some quiz around gaming that involves prizes to be won, it's not an online survey, it's an offline type which happened in my locality. Where we registered for gaming quiz competition for simple gaming questions, the prize goes to the one with the best answer rate. I came out third in the quiz, I was offered the bronze medals prize. 

Not as much participated as conducted surveys on an old forum I used to be a member at. One was a survey about what is the best game ever as per the users there. Another one was not strictly gaming related, as it was the video cards of users, this was pretty comprehensive including breakdowns of manufacturer, oem, memory size, directx version etc.

I still have the results from these somewhere.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

One or two at most and I barely remember anything about them. Also, they happened over a decade ago so I can't remember what they asked me either.

Sometimes it is like that, especially when it has taking long in the years. Mine occured 2019, it was simply a quiz in an offline way. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Not any as of recent but there was one shared here by @Withywarlockwhere the survey helps to show your personality or something. 

Yep, the Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology, aimed more at MMO players but can probably be used in other genres (if used outside of games, I'd be very pessimistic about what the results say.)

As for studies and surveys, when I used to frequent r/truegaming, there'd be quite a few studies and surveys there from developers and publishers gauging community interest, or university students asking questions for their dissertations.

4 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

Yep, the Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology, aimed more at MMO players but can probably be used in other genres (if used outside of games, I'd be very pessimistic about what the results say.)

As for studies and surveys, when I used to frequent r/truegaming, there'd be quite a few studies and surveys there from developers and publishers gauging community interest, or university students asking questions for their dissertations.

It's quite good way to test out how gamers make their decisions psychologically. I just posted my own result on the test now. 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Not a real survey but I have talked to the developers for games and companies that are small 🙂 I have done survey's but at times they are not helpfull and not for games in my matter. 

When you talked with the video developers what did you suggest to them via the informal survey you undertake? 

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

When you talked with the video developers what did you suggest to them via the informal survey you undertake? 

Things like, Bug errors that I might come across and also, We all say this. More content 🙂 

One time, really had to go and say that the game was just made badly for perforance and was eating up high CPU, unplayable. they fixed it by a mis-coding error they forgot to do. 

10 hours ago, Empire said:

Things like, Bug errors that I might come across and also, We all say this. More content 🙂 

One time, really had to go and say that the game was just made badly for perforance and was eating up high CPU, unplayable. they fixed it by a mis-coding error they forgot to do. 

These guys actually do that on purpose in my opinion because if not, they must have seen how pissed most gamers are with the bugs and they still don't care. 

10 hours ago, Empire said:

That's normal, and it's simply happening around video games which we are playing. It's rare to see a bug free video game, all are simply made and attached by bugs. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

On 10/26/2021 at 11:42 PM, Head_Hunter said:

That's normal, and it's simply happening around video games which we are playing. It's rare to see a bug free video game, all are simply made and attached by bugs. 

When these bugs aren't too much to deal with, it doesn't affect the gameplay too like what you get when you play FIFA games or Cyberpunk 2077. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

When these bugs aren't too much to deal with, it doesn't affect the gameplay too like what you get when you play FIFA games or Cyberpunk 2077. 

Yes, FIFA aren't all that affected by bugs during gameplay because it doesn't hinder your game. You play and have fun same with Cyberpunk 2077.