Register Now
StaceyPowers

Interesting RPG mechanics

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

How about the summons in Skyrim? The use of magic mechanics in the game is one thing that stands out for me. 

If you can stomach its age, I'd strongly recommend checking out the old Gothic games, where you can have a whole lot more than one summon. You can summon as many skeletons and whatnot as your mana will allow. Now that's a game that makes you feel like you're in control of a necromancer army!

More impressive than summoning though is being able to craft spells, which I believe was introduced in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. But I'm more of an alchemy man myself; potioncraft and cookery is my cup of tea in roleplaying games these days (even when it's as 'authentic' as in Kingdom Come: Deliverance).

4 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

If you can stomach its age, I'd strongly recommend checking out the old Gothic games, where you can have a whole lot more than one summon. You can summon as many skeletons and whatnot as your mana will allow. Now that's a game that makes you feel like you're in control of a necromancer army!

More impressive than summoning though is being able to craft spells, which I believe was introduced in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. But I'm more of an alchemy man myself; potioncraft and cookery is my cup of tea in roleplaying games these days (even when it's as 'authentic' as in Kingdom Come: Deliverance).

Just with the way that you describe it, it's something that have already picked on my interest and I'm this close to making a decision on it. Being in control of a necromancer army is something that can put me in a hellish mood. 

On 10/23/2021 at 8:44 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What are some interesting RPG mechanics you’ve run across? Like, I think the “flaws” system in The Outer Worlds is interesting/distinctive.

Most, it's the character's customization that I fancy most in RPGs games. I love it when my characters are exactly how I want them. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Most, it's the character's customization that I fancy most in RPGs games. I love it when my characters are exactly how I want them. 

What's the best RPGs games that comes with the greatest character customization which you have played so far? 

On 10/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, Heatman said:

What's the best RPGs games that comes with the greatest character customization which you have played so far? 

Final Fantasy series and Warfare are two games that offered me that set of expectations with its character customization.