Register Now
Justin11

How does twitch streamers earn their money?

I've been getting information how those users, who are streaming their favourite video games earn a living through streaming. I really don't know how the tricks works for them, that enables them to earn a living just streaming.

Can someone highlight the possible ways, how streamers earn money streaming video games at twitch-follows platform? 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I've been getting information how those users, who are streaming their favourite video games earn a living through streaming. I really don't know how the tricks works for them, that enables them to earn a living just streaming.

Can someone highlight the possible ways, how streamers earn money streaming video games at twitch-follows platform? 

As far as I know, there are four main ways Twitch streaming can earn money:

1.  Running ads on thier streams and videos much like on YouTube. Twitch themselves will take part of the cut. For this to work and only streams that get a certain amount of viewership can earn money this way.
  2. Sponsors and affiliates. A company can pay a streamer to endorse thier product on thier twitch channel. This will usually means the streamer would talk about a certain product or service in their stream and provide a link for their viewers to click on and by using that link the company sponsorimg the streamer will know that individual visit thier website or bought the product through the streamer in question. Again, many YouTubers do a similar sort of thing.
  3. Twitch subscriptions. Viewers may be presented with an option to subscribe to a Twitch streamer similar to how one subscribes to Netflix, for example. Being a subscriber will usually offer some form of perks for the viewer, but exactly what those perks are will depend on the streamer.
  4. Donations. Twitch allow streamers to embed links to something like PayPal that allows viewers to donate to the streamer directly.
Edited by Shagger

Thanks a lot @Shagger for letting me know exactly how streamers at twitch-follows earn their money. It's just similar like streaming video games at YouTube too. Both of them are instrumental when it comes to monetizing the video game streaming channel with enough options just as you've stated.