Register Now
ZandraJoi

Cricket game

This game reminds me as a cross between Croquet & Baseball. Has wickets at each end where athletes use a bat that is flattened to hit the ball. It can be traced back to the 16th century in England.

I’m not athletic though I do pay some attention to sports. However, this game was one I couldn’t get into. Maybe because I’m in the USA & it doesn’t seem to be as common here.

Who plays Cricket? Do you do it for fun or been on a league?

Some cricket matches are played all day long for 5 consecutive days, and some match can be finished in 3-4 hours. One of the reasons why cricket has failed to impress a lot of people is because of long format.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:13 AM, egghead said:

Some cricket matches are played all day long for 5 consecutive days, and some match can be finished in 3-4 hours. One of the reasons why cricket has failed to impress a lot of people is because of long format.

I can't sit for that long watching a single match or sports games, unless it a wrestling competition where you have several fighters compete against each other, asides this I would get tired watching it.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:28 AM, The Blackangel said:

It's not a typo. Croquet is a lawn game.

I've played this a couple of times but it's also boring to me. It reminds me a lot of golf and the only fun part is driving the caddy. Well unless it's mini golf which is more fun.

I have never played cricket but when I was in school we used to play rounders and that was a lot of fun. It was similar to baseball I think in a sense as to where you had to hit bases and try to get home. I remember always being picked to take any extra shots in school in hopes we would win as I could always hit the rounders ball far and run fast enough to get a full round home. 

On 3/10/2023 at 8:40 AM, The Blackangel said:

I love mini golf. I was actually pretty good at it before the chair.

Same - Mini golf is always fun.

On 4/16/2023 at 4:43 PM, Shortie said:

I have never played cricket but when I was in school we used to play rounders and that was a lot of fun. It was similar to baseball I think in a sense as to where you had to hit bases and try to get home. I remember always being picked to take any extra shots in school in hopes we would win as I could always hit the rounders ball far and run fast enough to get a full round home. 

It depends on where you're from. If it's the US, cricket isn't popular there so most people wouldn't have played and it's boring so they definitely wouldn't play it. It's far more popular in the UK and in countries like India.