Register Now
Justin11

Do you play video games together with your children/relatives?

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

If Its with my junior ones I'll definitely play with them when I have the free time. To make them happy, and have the feeling that their senior bro love's them xD 😄. 

Yeah, one thing that's good about playing with them is that they get to learn a lot from you and you on the other hand can pick up how they progress. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, one thing that's good about playing with them is that they get to learn a lot from you and you on the other hand can pick up how they progress. 

Some kids are too smart that they will shock with their knowledge of gameplay when you look down on them. It's happened to me a few times. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I was very young around 8, I used to surprise my elderly ones in some games I specialized on playing. Gaming isn't by age is simply by experience, you said it right. 

Yeah, kids of nowadays are very smart unlike us at our time. They can easily pick up gaming skills you never thought of. 

On 12/2/2021 at 8:48 PM, Jutsun said:

Regardless of the time of the year, the answer to the question of the thread is yes. If it's possible and they are also into it, playing videogames is a great way to socialize and get closer to people. And it's very fun too!

It's nice to be able to share your hobby and your work with everyone around you.

Personally, I feel like it's my sole responsibility to teach them the right way to play video games, so they don't become that which we hate in gamers today. 

On 1/21/2022 at 8:02 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, kids of nowadays are very smart unlike us at our time. They can easily pick up gaming skills you never thought of. 

Exactly, that's how a kid taught me to never underestimate any gamers even if it's a kid. They definitely know more about the games now. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, that's how a kid taught me to never underestimate any gamers even if it's a kid. They definitely know more about the games now. 

Seriously, that's the case with most people who look down on any opponents. They get bitten hard. 

25 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's the case with most people who look down on any opponents. They get bitten hard. 

It was actually a very big lesson for me then. I knew first hand what caused my defeat in that case and learnt well from it. 

If you have family or friends who have never played a video game in their life, what kind of video game would you have them play first? I think I'd go with simple, Super Mario bros, and work my way up. What about you?

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

If you have family or friends who have never played a video game in their life, what kind of video game would you have them play first? I think I'd go with simple, Super Mario bros, and work my way up. What about you?

I would like to start out with video games that's going to be easy for them to get into and I'm definitely not giving them any horror games to play.