Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you lose track of your surroundings when you game?

On 11/9/2021 at 5:37 PM, Head_Hunter said:

The first time I played Elder scrolls vs. Skyrim, I was totally lost, I felt the spirit of VR and forgot that I have something to look out via my surroundings. 

You could have easily made use of the game's tutorials and know exactly what to do and when to do it in the game so you don't get lost. 

Not really. I'm very aware what's going on around me most of the time. I do get into the games I play, but I don't get so fixated on them that I lose track of the day or when I receive a phone call or someone comes over. I'm also constantly checking the clock so I don't play too much. 

But I can understand some focusing more on the game that they lose track of time. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Not really. I'm very aware what's going on around me most of the time. I do get into the games I play, but I don't get so fixated on them that I lose track of the day or when I receive a phone call or someone comes over. I'm also constantly checking the clock so I don't play too much. 

But I can understand some focusing more on the game that they lose track of time. 

Actually I can miss a place or two when I am in a very vast map trying to explore but it doesn't really mean that I'm going to get lost or don't recognise where I have been in the past in the game.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:53 AM, StaceyPowers said:

When you play video games, do you usually tune out your physical environment? Do you do so on purpose, or does it just happen?

This barely happens to me because I'm very aware of my surroundings as I really hate to get lost at any point in time with any game that I play. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When the map is there for you to track back, you don't have to miss out tracking back when you miss out from your surroundings while playing the game. Unless the game lack in-game map, before otherwise can be said for me. 

Some gamers don't really know how to make use of their game maps, I have seen so many of such gamers and it makes their play very difficult for them. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some gamers don't really know how to make use of their game maps, I have seen so many of such gamers and it makes their play very difficult for them. 

It's one of the things that I try to master first when it comes to any game that I play because the maps would always be very helpful for my progress. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's one of the things that I try to master first when it comes to any game that I play because the maps would always be very helpful for my progress. 

It's just like what I do with some of my racing games, the maps comes in handy for helping me with navigation of the cites I'm driving through. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

I was once like that, when I was playing PES as a beginner. But my close friend came and made me understand how important a map can be while playing PES and even any other game.