Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does gaming usually regulate or dysregulated your mood?

If I'm in the habit of gaming at a certain time, then it does help regulate the mood. If I game for an extended period and completely shut out my pets from existence, then I feel a sense of regret; so it deregulates me. Imagine what goes on in a pet's mind while we game. They think we entered the world of insanity and half dead. To pets, it's like an old person staring at the wall twiddling their thumbs. 

12 hours ago, PGen98 said:

A favourite game definitely helps the mood.  A new game can go either way, depending on the game.  A challenging game can make me feel worse for not getting through it, but a fun game can make me forget about whatever was bothering me.

Personally, before I get into playing any new games, I must read the reviews and watched some gameplay to help me decide. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Even when I had an off day, marred with bitterness I still play video games on my console. The reason is that, what I can't change their is no need toiling about it. Gaming make me happy and makes me forget about my troubled moments. 

Most gamers have their games as a means of having their happiness back and they don't joke with it. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Most gamers have their games as a means of having their happiness back and they don't joke with it. 

Yes, gaming brings about happiness, I don't see anything that brings happiness to me at the moment more than what video games offer me. 

On 11/5/2021 at 12:55 PM, Boblee said:

Personally, before I get into playing any new games, I must read the reviews and watched some gameplay to help me decide. 

Oh absolutely, I do the same thing, but sometimes you pick up a game, know what it's going to be, and it can still be challenging, or more challenging than you were expecting, and that can throw you off at times.  You're right, though, it's best to go in knowing what's coming!

On 11/5/2021 at 12:58 AM, StaceyPowers said:

When you play video games, do you find it normally helps you to regulate your mood? Or does it more frequently dysregulated your mood? Or is it totally context-dependent?

My mood first priority is to be happy when I play any video games and when a game screws it up, it's not acceptable.