Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does gaming usually regulate or dysregulated your mood?

19 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

When the game gets too tough and very hard for me to continue, I'll simply disconnect myself from the game. Moreover not all video games I'll find easy going. 

Yeah, I do take a lot time off sometimes when I get hooked up to clear my head up and come back playing better. 

On 11/5/2021 at 12:58 AM, StaceyPowers said:

When you play video games, do you find it normally helps you to regulate your mood? Or does it more frequently dysregulated your mood? Or is it totally context-dependent?

My mood is always tied to the games that I play with my time, so it's very possible that it can regulate my mood to the positive or negative. 

On 11/17/2021 at 1:01 AM, Justin11 said:

Anyone who is a game lover will always come to repeat same thing here over and over again. Because the derivatives around gaming is beyond compare to any entertainment option. 

One of the reasons why people play video game is for them to actually feel happy with what they do playing the games so video games are very capable of affecting their mood.

On 11/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, Head_Hunter said:

When the game gets too tough and very hard for me to continue, I'll simply disconnect myself from the game. Moreover not all video games I'll find easy going. 

My mood is always tied to my games which is why I'm very picky when it comes to the kind of video games that I get into. 

On 11/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, Boblee said:

One of the reasons why people play video game is for them to actually feel happy with what they do playing the games so video games are very capable of affecting their mood.

Yeah, when you get into gaming, you simply wants to feel happy around it. Anything that goes contrary to that isn't about gaming anymore. 

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

My mood is always tied to my games which is why I'm very picky when it comes to the kind of video games that I get into. 

It's actually why video are built to make gamers happy by impacting on their lives in a way they would feel happy playing. 

On 11/5/2021 at 12:58 AM, StaceyPowers said:

When you play video games, do you find it normally helps you to regulate your mood? Or does it more frequently dysregulated your mood? Or is it totally context-dependent?

I believe that it's something that's got to do with the reason why I started playing a particular game that determines if and how it would affect my mood.