Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you fail to complete a task many, many times in a game, do you want the game to offer you to skip it?

On 11/22/2021 at 3:50 PM, Justin11 said:

If I have the option to move over to the next level I'll simply do that. But most of the video games I've played via my PS3 console is simply not possible, you need to finish a particular level before unlocking another. 

If the glitches stops my progress in the the game,  It's definitely going to be very useless trying to play it all the time instead of moving on to the next option if it is made available for me to skip it.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've given several examples in the past, but I love the comical glitches that don't affect the game play. Like the ones in RDR2 - Uncle playing air banjo, guy flying across screen, etc. I welcome those.

Seriously if a glitch or a bug doesn't really affect my gameplay then there is nothing for me to worry about with it because I can easily play my game without worrying about it affecting it.

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the glitches stops my progress in the the game,  It's definitely going to be very useless trying to play it all the time instead of moving on to the next option if it is made available for me to skip it.

Even if you skip a glitch-like video game to the next level, that doesn't clean up the glitch entirely. You'll still face another set of glitch as you proceed in the game. Such means, the game isn't repairable it's simply marred with glitches. That's the problem from the devs, they needed to checkmate on that, before releasing the game. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

Even if you skip a glitch-like video game to the next level, that doesn't clean up the glitch entirely. You'll still face another set of glitch as you proceed in the game. Such means, the game isn't repairable it's simply marred with glitches. That's the problem from the devs, they needed to checkmate on that, before releasing the game. 

If the glitches run through the whole game then it's definitely going to make it unplayable and as a result I believe that the game is going to be stopped and the gamers refunded their money just like what happened with cyberpunk.

Just now, Heatman said:

If the glitches run through the whole game then it's definitely going to make it unplayable and as a result I believe that the game is going to be stopped and the gamers refunded their money just like what happened with cyberpunk.

xD, if that's possible, I'll simply embrace it buddy. I wouldn't spend money on a glitch-like video game that isn't playable. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

xD, if that's possible, I'll simply embrace it buddy. I wouldn't spend money on a glitch-like video game that isn't playable. 

It was actually the reason why a lot of people dumped the game cyberpunk at the time and moved on to other games when they got their refund but I'm hearing that people are now getting back to playing the game all over again because of the whole patches that was used to fix the bugs and glitches it came with initially.

Just now, Heatman said:

It was actually the reason why a lot of people dumped the game cyberpunk at the time and moved on to other games when they got their refund but I'm hearing that people are now getting back to playing the game all over again because of the whole patches that was used to fix the bugs and glitches it came with initially.

That's tremendous of the Cyberpunk devs, they saw the massive Exodus around their video game, they simply did the needful by fixing the bugs that made them lose funds due to the refund they did. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's tremendous of the Cyberpunk devs, they saw the massive Exodus around their video game, they simply did the needful by fixing the bugs that made them lose funds due to the refund they did. 

That game really had high hopes and it was such a let down by the company to mess up everything because they were after money but it's good they have started working on it. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

That game really had high hopes and it was such a let down by the company to mess up everything because they were after money but it's good they have started working on it. 

Yes, it's nice they're working on their lapses to correct the poor game performance. Because, it really faze lots of their gamers off. 

On 11/23/2021 at 10:49 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously if a glitch or a bug doesn't really affect my gameplay then there is nothing for me to worry about with it because I can easily play my game without worrying about it affecting it.

It's why some gamers don't complain about bugs too much since it never stops them from playing completely till that changes. 

21 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why some gamers don't complain about bugs too much since it never stops them from playing completely till that changes. 

Yeah, it's what's most gamers who plays with FIFA games do with the game. They are so used with the bugs that they don't care anymore. 

I feel like being able to skip parts that you fail repeatedly would be good for casual players, but some hardcore players may be annoyed because they would go through the trouble to beat it. Then again, the hardcore players would be able to say that they beat it and get any achievements for having done so. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

20 minutes ago, StormyFire said:

I feel like being able to skip parts that you fail repeatedly would be good for casual players, but some hardcore players may be annoyed because they would go through the trouble to beat it. Then again, the hardcore players would be able to say that they beat it and get any achievements for having done so. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

If the drills is something you have a point to prove, there no way you can be able to leave unfinished no matter what it's going to cost you as a gamer. 

1 hour ago, StormyFire said:

When playing the same thing that wouldn't add any good value to my gameplay is all I would gain from completing that kind of hard task, why would I be doing that?