Register Now
StaceyPowers

Optimism in games is usually about moral victory

10 hours ago, Empire said:

It won't but social media as made it clear that is hard and at times have made fourms die

That's very true but the fine line to the survival of any forum today in the midst of all the social media channels we have is the forums niche. It goes a very long way in keeping alive no matter the competition. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's very true but the fine line to the survival of any forum today in the midst of all the social media channels we have is the forums niche. It goes a very long way in keeping alive no matter the competition. 

Seriously, it's the forum's niche that keeps it going and surviving today with all the lot of social media sites coming out on daily basis. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's the forum's niche that keeps it going and surviving today with all the lot of social media sites coming out on daily basis. 

Looking at gaming niche, it's something that's very interesting in a way that even though the social media sites are getting dominant by the day, it's still surviving. 

On 11/26/2021 at 1:20 AM, Justin11 said:

Forums and social media platforms have really helped us to get the information around what's happening around video game industry, I'm very much grateful to that. 

How forums started dying off was very shocking to me because they used to be very popular the way other social media network used to be. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

How forums started dying off was very shocking to me because they used to be very popular the way other social media network used to be. 

It's a pity that forums are lacking behind social medias. The reason why, is that, at social media you have freedom to talk about anything you like. But here on forums you strictly need to adhere to the niche selection not the site and post according to guidelines. So, some persons don't like that, that's why they simply stay with social medias. I love forums than social medias, because I learn alot being with forums than social media platforms. 

12 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

It's a pity that forums are lacking behind social medias. The reason why, is that, at social media you have freedom to talk about anything you like. But here on forums you strictly need to adhere to the niche selection not the site and post according to guidelines. So, some persons don't like that, that's why they simply stay with social medias. I love forums than social medias, because I learn alot being with forums than social media platforms. 

Some years ago about 10 years ago, forums used to be very popular more than Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and I really enjoyed my time using them. 

59 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Some years ago about 10 years ago, forums used to be very popular more than Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and I really enjoyed my time using them. 

I didn't discover forums back then, it was recently I discovered that forums exist. It was simply a nice feeling now, because I love where I'm learning and improving my life than where I'm discussing with less knowledge gained. 

28 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I didn't discover forums back then, it was recently I discovered that forums exist. It was simply a nice feeling now, because I love where I'm learning and improving my life than where I'm discussing with less knowledge gained. 

It's more engaging for me on forums than on social media sites. I find it that users on social media sites are too disrespectful. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I have this feeling that it's because most new social media network that comes out depends highly on videos and it's not something that's necessarily possible on forums. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

I have this feeling that it's because most new social media network that comes out depends highly on videos and it's not something that's necessarily possible on forums. 

This is actually spot on with what's given the use of social media sites am edge with forums. Those videos are a big mud on our faces. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yes, forums are also video friendly. Because most of the videos we post here are compatible with the forum that's why it embeds them right whenever we post them. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, forums are also video friendly. Because most of the videos we post here are compatible with the forum that's why it embeds them right whenever we post them. 

Not really what I meant. Look now how Tik Tok and Snap chat are used, forums can't be used in the same way. Do you understand? 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

Not really what I meant. Look now how Tik Tok and Snap chat are used, forums can't be used in the same way. Do you understand? 

I understand, many people are simply in for those social media platforms because they have freedom to share all kinds of rubbish, but here on forums we abide by rules, we learn, we put into action and not coming to display even NSFW posts, like, adult contents, which is mainly used in social media platforms. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I understand, many people are simply in for those social media platforms because they have freedom to share all kinds of rubbish, but here on forums we abide by rules, we learn, we put into action and not coming to display even NSFW posts, like, adult contents, which is mainly used in social media platforms. 

Exactly, now you get the point of what I was trying to stress so much. Other new social media network, anything goes and no one would caution or penalize you but it's not the same thing in forums.