Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is difficulty in games ever an accessibility issue? If so, when?

If you want to test your level of strength playing a particular video game then setting the difficulty at the highest level is ideal for that. But playing with a fellow gamer doesn't need difficulty bring set high since both are going hand in hand to compete against each other. 

On 11/26/2021 at 1:37 AM, Justin11 said:

If you want to test your level of strength playing a particular video game then setting the difficulty at the highest level is ideal for that. But playing with a fellow gamer doesn't need difficulty bring set high since both are going hand in hand to compete against each other. 

It's why some gamers don't stress themselves too much and play only on easy level and save their time and energy. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why some gamers don't stress themselves too much and play only on easy level and save their time and energy. 

That's game made at ease, if that's the best for the gamer to enjoy the game he or she spent money for, then it's best to go that way. 

18 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's game made at ease, if that's the best for the gamer to enjoy the game he or she spent money for, then it's best to go that way. 

Everyone have a very particular way they enjoy playing their game and it's not right to impose otherwise on them to change or accept. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It is actually those who have enough money to spare on the game by paying to win that actually do this kind of a thing because as far as my playing game is concerned it is not really worth it.

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

It is actually those who have enough money to spare on the game by paying to win that actually do this kind of a thing because as far as my playing game is concerned it is not really worth it.

I have a friend in Russia who does excellent when it comes to paying to win games. He's part of the reasons why game companies can't stop the use of microtransactions. 

On 11/27/2021 at 8:47 PM, Heatman said:

Everyone have a very particular way they enjoy playing their game and it's not right to impose otherwise on them to change or accept. 

Since they've find it enjoyable that way, then that's their choice, and it ought to be respected. Like me I don't spend money to get a game to play at a low difficulty, I wouldn't enjoy the real challenge of the game posed by AI. 

I think it might be when it’s legit impossible to complete a task unless you have the highest actual skill level (which even then is still rare - think of guitar hero 3’s legendary song and how to this day not that many people can even get through it fully without the crowd booing and stopping it). 

2 hours ago, Syntax said:

I think it might be when it’s legit impossible to complete a task unless you have the highest actual skill level (which even then is still rare - think of guitar hero 3’s legendary song and how to this day not that many people can even get through it fully without the crowd booing and stopping it). 

They would have to shame the gamer to have him stop playing 😂, that's really hilarious. I have never been one for musical games, I don't know why. 

On 12/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Apart from Guitar Hero, I never really played any other again which has to do with musical arts. 

I'm more of a good listener when it comes to music than being a player. It's a big work for me trying to sing or play musical instruments. 

On 12/4/2021 at 10:15 AM, Boblee said:

I'm more of a good listener when it comes to music than being a player. It's a big work for me trying to sing or play musical instruments. 

I try my best to do the two, but I'm better listening than performing. Singing is hard thing, but if you're passionate about it, you'll do well even with the instrument. 

On 12/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, Heatman said:

It's not stressful to listen to other play than it is to actually play it by yourself. Music isn't that easy!! 

Yeah, it's something that I know very well first hand because I was well humiliated when I was still a teenager when I entered a dance competition.