Register Now
PGen98

Walmart Launches Unannounced Halo Infinite Collector's Edition, It Immediately Sells Out

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-collectors-edition-sighted-at-walmart/1100-6497736/

Within moments of gamers finding this limited edition bundle exclusive (or apparently exclusive at this time) to Walmart, the $170 edition sold out.  It contained a limited edition art book, a plasma pistol bottle opener, an energy sword statue, a steelbook case, and of course additional in-game content.  No word on if this edition will see a restock or if other retailers will carry something similar, but this edition has and remains completely sold out.  It seems likely that mostly scalpers will have acquired these, so expect to see them on eBay for a significant markup shortly.

Looks like the scalpers are back. Companies really need to start coming up with ways to combat this because real fans aren't getting things at the normal price. They should start letting people with active Xbox Live subscriptions get first dibs on exclusives.

ENd of the day if it was a test or not, it's still making money for them. All about sell and make real good money. Most do not care where the item ends up with as long as they have sold itmes, even if scalpers goe there hands on them. THat's why costs goes up thanks to them 😞 

On 11/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, Darth said:

Looks like the scalpers are back. Companies really need to start coming up with ways to combat this because real fans aren't getting things at the normal price. They should start letting people with active Xbox Live subscriptions get first dibs on exclusives.

Yeah, I completely agree, there has to be some sort of verification so scalpers can't just get in there and grab them all to resell.  I understand people need to make a living, but scalping is just awful.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:45 AM, Justin11 said:

They are back indeed, because 'Halo Infinite wouldn't go Live secretly online without notice. Let's stay safe and clear from fraudulent scalpers. 

Yes, please!  Here's hoping there's a second run, or another retailer has a larger run of them.

On 11/7/2021 at 5:06 AM, Empire said:

ENd of the day if it was a test or not, it's still making money for them. All about sell and make real good money. Most do not care where the item ends up with as long as they have sold itmes, even if scalpers goe there hands on them. THat's why costs goes up thanks to them 😞 

That's the problem right there, scalpers buy them, send the price way up on where it should be, and then the consumer is forced to pay up or miss out, which is just awful.

8 hours ago, PGen98 said:

That's the problem right there, scalpers buy them, send the price way up on where it should be, and then the consumer is forced to pay up or miss out, which is just awful.

I would not spend that amount on them I rather wait and get it at a real stock price. Even if it's two years long of waiting. 

On 11/10/2021 at 2:46 AM, Justin11 said:

That's what I'm hoping for, let another well-known retail or wholesale game shop online or offline hold the game on stock. 

Precisely!  It's a bit sad that it goes to one retailer in such a limited run, then gets immediately snapped up by scalpers so none of the true fans can get a shot at buying a copy.

On 11/10/2021 at 4:56 AM, Empire said:

I would not spend that amount on them I rather wait and get it at a real stock price. Even if it's two years long of waiting. 

That's the thing, though, these limited edition releases, they're never going to make it to that point, they're sold out already and we're a ways away from launch.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:43 AM, skyfire said:

I think either rich kids, youtubers or the one who review games and stuff may be able to spend the amount that scalpers want. 

Yep, that's their target market, essentially, those with money to burn.

18 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Precisely!  It's a bit sad that it goes to one retailer in such a limited run, then gets immediately snapped up by scalpers so none of the true fans can get a shot at buying a copy.

It's frustrating indeed to see the sales of the game being limited to a single retail shop. Given room to scalpers to do some sort of fraudulent sales.