Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you prefer games where health, etc. regenerates, or not?

On 11/6/2021 at 10:07 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you prefer your health, stamina and mana to regenerate passively, or not?

I do think that it's something nice to have them - health and stamina regenerate on their own with time instead of looking for health pack. 

I like the way Destiny does health regen.  You don't regenerate while actively in combat, but once you break and pause for a moment, health regens. Granted, I'm also not against games like Bioshock where you need to acquire health in order to build health back up.

Edited by PGen98

I prefer it. If I can stop and rest, or if it just refills on its own, that makes newer games more enjoyable. Older games though, I prefer them to not regenerate. I want to have to find hearts, or faeries, or food, or whatever the hell the game uses to replenish your health or magic or whatever your needing to refill.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I prefer it. If I can stop and rest, or if it just refills on its own, that makes newer games more enjoyable. Older games though, I prefer them to not regenerate. I want to have to find hearts, or faeries, or food, or whatever the hell the game uses to replenish your health or magic or whatever your needing to refill.

Definitely, the old games are the classical and they should remain just that same way because it's what makes them beautiful in their own way.