Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you prefer games where health, etc. regenerates, or not?

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's have been the way most games that I have been playing works with my characters health regain. It's more of a norm now with games. 

Yeah, it's been the norm for a good while, go and find items to replenish your health rather than it just replenishing automatically.  It makes the most sense, but I also don't dislike regenerating health.

If it's a game like a Twisted Metal game, you should have to go seek out health.  I mean, vehicles don't just repair themselves.  In something like an NBA game letting people rest on the bench for a few minutes should replenish some or all of their strength and stamina.  I think it all depends on the game in question as to what's appropriate.

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

Definitely, the old games are the classical and they should remain just that same way because it's what makes them beautiful in their own way. 

Seriously, it's why when you have an old game that's built perfectly for play, it's always fun any day you get to on it. 

I don't have a specific preference but the games I tend to play mostly have health that regenerates. I think the only games that I've ever played where this was not the case was battle royales where you have to use a med kit or potion to regenerate your health. 

15 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Yeah, it's been the norm for a good while, go and find items to replenish your health rather than it just replenishing automatically.  It makes the most sense, but I also don't dislike regenerating health.

Exactly, it's like in real life when you're down and worn out, you need to add something on yourself - be it food or water or drinks. No one hungry gets filled without eating something. 

18 hours ago, Family sedan said:

If it's a game like a Twisted Metal game, you should have to go seek out health.  I mean, vehicles don't just repair themselves.  In something like an NBA game letting people rest on the bench for a few minutes should replenish some or all of their strength and stamina.  I think it all depends on the game in question as to what's appropriate.

Yes exactly, it doesn't seem right for it to regenerate on its own without you doing something about it but new gamers wish everything would made easier for them. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yes exactly, it doesn't seem right for it to regenerate on its own without you doing something about it but new gamers wish everything would made easier for them. 

I don't want things handed to me, but Twisted Metal needs health, or you probably wouldn't make it through that many levels in the game.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:38 AM, Family sedan said:

I don't want things handed to me, but Twisted Metal needs health, or you probably wouldn't make it through that many levels in the game.

If they are make available without your working for it, it's definitely going to be something you wouldn't appreciate. 

I think it depends on the game. I think these days, I'm more used to regenerating health, probably because of games like COD. But I also enjoy games where you have to be extra careful and have to find health in the world or scavenge for it. But, I think it's more of a challenge with having to keep track of your health. 

For me, I don't mind either. But I like when regen health makes sense, like in games where it has a purpose. Maybe it's in a mech suit, or something along those lines. But if it's like COD, I think it becomes a bit lazy. But, they have changed it up recently where you can use medkits I think. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think it depends on the game. I think these days, I'm more used to regenerating health, probably because of games like COD. But I also enjoy games where you have to be extra careful and have to find health in the world or scavenge for it. But, I think it's more of a challenge with having to keep track of your health. 

For me, I don't mind either. But I like when regen health makes sense, like in games where it has a purpose. Maybe it's in a mech suit, or something along those lines. But if it's like COD, I think it becomes a bit lazy. But, they have changed it up recently where you can use medkits I think. 

Yeah, you're very correct. Most gamers don't really mind lately as it's more like a common thing for them whether the health regenerate or they find health packs for it. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, you're very correct. Most gamers don't really mind lately as it's more like a common thing for them whether the health regenerate or they find health packs for it. 

Seriously, I do kind of mind what way the game's energy bar gets filled up. I don't really fancy it happening with me not doing anything about it. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I do kind of mind what way the game's energy bar gets filled up. I don't really fancy it happening with me not doing anything about it. 

It's something that wouldn't matter much to you when you are very used to finding your own health and energy packs yourself. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's something that wouldn't matter much to you when you are very used to finding your own health and energy packs yourself. 

Exactly, I have been so used to doing it for myself on my own that even if they refill or regenerate on their own, my instincts would still make me to do it.