Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you prefer games where health, etc. regenerates, or not?

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

xD 😄, such cause restlessness, I wouldn't feel at safe too when my health or stamina shift to the yellow color. Because, their is every possibility for it to go red any time with just little movement I make in the game. 

Exactly, if it's a game that's very challenging like Bloodborne or Dark Souls, you wouldn't even know when they beat your life out of you. 

22 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, if it's a game that's very challenging like Bloodborne or Dark Souls, you wouldn't even know when they beat your life out of you. 

Your correct, that's why you simply have to avoid such kind of scenario where you avoid going down too low in your life bar, to avoid getting early dismissal. 

On 1/9/2022 at 12:20 AM, Heatman said:

In most games, once my health is showing yellow bar, I'm never at rest because it's bitten me back on more than one occasion. 

It's like when you're playing Bloodborne, how can you be relaxed when you are well of how the enemies swarm up on. With less health, you are 100% dead. 

The health in Halo 2 and 3 regenerated but only after minutes. Bungie didn't show the health bar to make the health system more streamlined but that didn't mean you got 100% of your health back after the sheilds recharged. You still had less health than someone who just spawned if you got in a heated firefight, it just didn't show it.

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's like when you're playing Bloodborne, how can you be relaxed when you are well of how the enemies swarm up on. With less health, you are 100% dead. 

Most games that are made by FromSoftware Inc all seems to be built like that and it's exactly what I'm looking forward to getting in Elden Ring. 

15 hours ago, Empire said:

The health in Halo 2 and 3 regenerated but only after minutes. Bungie didn't show the health bar to make the health system more streamlined but that didn't mean you got 100% of your health back after the sheilds recharged. You still had less health than someone who just spawned if you got in a heated firefight, it just didn't show it.

I know it wouldn't be a 100% regeneration. It is even a positive one that Halo  2 and 3 games "life bar" regenerates automatically even if it's not at 100% level. 

On 1/10/2022 at 12:37 PM, Empire said:

If the game's resources regenerate 100%, then there is no challenge in playing the games at all because you can't die and it's not fun cos you can play without any pressure at all. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the game's resources regenerate 100%, then there is no challenge in playing the games at all because you can't die and it's not fun cos you can play without any pressure at all. 

Seriously, if it's that way, then it's not a video game any more. In fact, the company would have a big problem with fans. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, it wouldn't form competition in the game due to life bar increasing automatically to 100% anytime. So, making the health to regenerate slowly keep the competition stern and such pushes the gamers to play longer. 

Exactly, there wouldn't be anything like dying in the game. So, what actually the essence of playing anymore when you know that you won't die mmh? 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, if it's that way, then it's not a video game any more. In fact, the company would have a big problem with fans. 

A video game developer that makes such a game deserves to be nailed on the cross because he's a total d**k. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

A video game developer that makes such a game deserves to be nailed on the cross because he's a total d**k. 

Seriously, they are definitely not worth saying any good things about them for making such kind of games because it's an absolute rubbish. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, they are definitely not worth saying any good things about them for making such kind of games because it's an absolute rubbish. 

It's actually the gamers that encourage them to make such games because they keep patronizing the games. 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, Boblee said:

Resources regeneration isn't something that we used to have in games, so it's not really a big deal we don't have it now. 

I got you, it's quite scarce, because it wouldn't make video game competitive if it stays with games. It will look easy, our character gonna look like super man in movies that doesn't die. 

On 1/12/2022 at 7:38 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly, there wouldn't be anything like dying in the game. So, what actually the essence of playing anymore when you know that you won't die mmh? 

Lol, it's quite funny, because your character will be like the super man. It happened that way for me when I played Dead Target with Android, the game is associated with cheat, making the character to live immortal life. No matter what you hit at him, he's never dying, lol.