Register Now
Justin11

Do you enjoy external soundtrack when playing video games?

When we talk about external soundtrack, I mean the music we play different from the in-game soundtracks. It might be from our mobile phone, Compat disc player, MP3 etc. 

Are you the type that love's playing soundtrack from external device during gaming? 

It usually depends on the music. In most games the soundtrack is just there to set the tone and keep you immersed and in the mindset of what you are doing. Most songs during battle are naturally blocked out. But if I was doing games that are little boring ot needs a punch, ETS or just any trucking to driving game or even flying on long flights in MSFS2020 then I put music on, From Chrome or spotify 

2 hours ago, m76 said:

The way independence FM was done in GTA was great, outside of that I never listen to external music during gaming as it interferes with the narrative.

That's great that you settles in to listen to 'independence FM via GTA game. Which version of Independence FM is featured buddy?? 

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Exactly simulation game is better with external soundtrack. I do play simulation and playing music from my compact disc player. 

I find some of their soundtrack odd most of the time and it's why I think most gamers consider external soundtrack for playing it. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

I find some of their soundtrack odd most of the time and it's why I think most gamers consider external soundtrack for playing it. 

It's odd to me too, it plays off to what I like when it comes to in-game soundtracks. That's why I prefer playing external soundtracks when playing simulation games.