Register Now
ZandraJoi

Do you do leagues or tournaments?

Who has been in one & what did you think of it? Did you do it for fun or actually get paid? I know of some people who get paid money for playing games. How much could you expect? Just a few bucks a month or a nice chunk of change? Are there particular games you prefer playing & others you would never again in a league?

The closest I've done is in a group on Killer Instinct as it has a tournament mode. There were small prizes, like $5 or something for the top 3. I can't remember where I placed, but I do remember that I won something. But that was a one off thing. And the only reason I was there was because I lived next door to the ones holding the tournament. I was initially going to just be a spectator but they talked me into fighting. They assumed that I sucked, but when I play as B. Orchid, I can easily kick some ass. But that was on SNES.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:35 AM, ZandraJoi said:

Who has been in one & what did you think of it? Did you do it for fun or actually get paid? I know of some people who get paid money for playing games. How much could you expect? Just a few bucks a month or a nice chunk of change? Are there particular games you prefer playing & others you would never again in a league?

Anywhere from a few hundred dollars to the involvement of a prize pool of $40 million dollars.

1 hour ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Anywhere from a few hundred dollars to the involvement of a prize pool of $40 million dollars.

Yeah I imagine the profits differ depending on the type of tournament or event you're taking part in. I figure most major tournaments pay pretty well. But I can see the smaller, tournaments & events dishing out less and less money. Still though, if I can win $100 here and there, it may add up. 

I haven't done it for a while now as they changed the way they did things, but I used to use ZLeague for Fortnite tournaments for Solo and Duo games and I would either play on my own or me and my daughter would play in tournaments. It wouldn't be a whole lot of money we would win but sometimes we would win something as high as about $20 which wasn't bad at all being that it was a free tournament. They unfortunately stopped doing Fortnite tournaments and now only seem to do Halo, Apex and Call of Duty Warzone and being I am not overly competitive in those games I don't have any use to play in the tournaments they offer now.

I think that international tournaments should be more.They are really exciting.About the daily torunies I guess it is gonna be pretty exhausting.On the other side I used to like the online tournaments in season 2 with the top teams.