Register Now
ZandraJoi

What music do you dislike?

I can do without heavy metal. All the instruments playing & the singers don’t sing, they yell. Country music is another one along with rap music. Now granted, I do like some country songs but for the most part, I gravitate towards 80’s music. The era I grew up in. Music was different back then.

We all know that music attained perfection in 1986. It's a scientific fact.

The music I can't stand is opera. Assuming it can be called music. All it is, is some jackass standing on a stage and moaning. I'm not into jazz or reggae, but that's only because I've never been exposed to either. I have nothing against them as I have no basis to form an opinion.

Another that I can't stand is country. Which is weird because it was all I was allowed to listen to as a kid. But now, it just scrapes on my nerves like a sand belt.

The music I love is metal. Rap is a close second. And not all metal is singers not singing. If you look at Disturbed for example, you will see that David sings more than he "yells".

I also don't like country music. Something about most of the songs is flat boring and has no originality or even any creativity to the lyrics. They say the same damn thing over and over in most songs. Garth Brooks was the only country singer I thought had a couple good hits. Most R&B makes me want to puke. But I have heard a few really good songs. Church choir is another barf bag. 

There are no genres I dislike, but there are always some bad songs.  As I said in another thread, some people are just doing sentimental music wrong.  Also, there are rockers doing anti-sentimentality wrong.  It all comes across as dorky and bad to listen to.

Here's an example from Def Leppard:

Making Love. I'm a man. I'm a man. Yeah, that's what I am!

🤮

Edited by Jayson

Dubstep. I've tried guys, I've tried. The sound just doesn't appeal to me. It's weird because I look at dubstep as sort of the heavier side of electronic, so if there was any electronic I'd like it should be that because I'm a big fan of metal. But no, it just doesn't work for me.

It would be tempting to say techno, but I haven't really listened to enough to make an opinion.  I mean, I don't want to be closed-minded.  I'm sure there is some good techno out there.  Well, who has heard the song "Cars" from the 70s?

5 minutes ago, Jayson said:

It would be tempting to say techno, but I haven't really listened to enough to make an opinion.  I mean, I don't want to be closed-minded.  I'm sure there is some good techno out there.  Well, who has heard the song "Cars" from the 70s?

How dare you dis @Techno!  Oh wait... You meant the music....  Well in that case I think Eminem said it best:

@Crazycrab  You mean Eminem said nobody listens to techno?    Well, I don't think it has mass appeal or ever has.  Well, do you consider disco techno?  It had mass appeal in the 70s.

Does techno have mass appeal in Europe or is that some stereotype?

Edited by Jayson

I can't really say I like opera.  Nonetheless, I haven't really explored the genre enough.  I mean, again, I don't want to be closed-minded.  Anyway, though, one stumbling block is that so much is written in Italian.   What is some good English language opera?

1 hour ago, Jayson said:

I can't really say I like opera.  Nonetheless, I haven't really explored the genre enough.  I mean, again, I don't want to be closed-minded.  Anyway, though, one stumbling block is that so much is written in Italian.   What is some good English language opera?

You've probably listened to a lot of opera without realising it.

It you have ever watched Star Trek Voyager, you must have heard "O soave fanciulla" from La bohème:

And of course every talent show on earth has someone perform "Nessun dorma" from Turandot:

If you want something In English how about "I dreamed a dream" from Les Misérables:

There is a lot more opera in your life than you might realise.