Register Now
Empire

Would you rather lose the ability to lie or believe everything you’re told?

Only an idiot believes anything without proof, religion being the only exception. If you're stupid enough to believe anything without being given rock solid proof, then you deserve being duped and being taken advantage of. Go ahead and "loan" $10 to a crackhead you've never met, he'll give you $20 next week.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Only an idiot believes anything without proof, religion being the only exception. If you're stupid enough to believe anything without being given rock solid proof, then you deserve being duped and being taken advantage of. Go ahead and "loan" $10 to a crackhead you've never met, he'll give you $20 next week.

Majority of people believe everything they hear without confirmation, that's why they get ripped off. I can't spend money carelessly in the name of lending it to a stranger all in the name of hearing sweet words from his or her mouth. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Majority of people believe everything they hear without confirmation, that's why they get ripped off. I can't spend money carelessly in the name of lending it to a stranger all in the name of hearing sweet words from his or her mouth. 

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd much rather losing the second ability because why would you want to believe everything you're told?

The money thing in my post was an analogy. It wasn't meant to be taken literally.

There is a movie about this called the invention of lying. 
Everyone tells the truth and no body can lie. Except for one person Mark Bellison who tells the first like in a bank. It's a great movie for anyone wants to see it. 
Thought I would share this movie since it relates to the topic.

I would choose lose the ability to lie. The truth is relative to be honest. I’ve believed some things that were the truth at that time, only to find out it wasn’t. Also the truth can mean different things.

I agree. I could not have said it better then this. 

On 11/11/2021 at 10:54 AM, The Blackangel said:

You just gave the best example of believing everything you’re told; religion included is what I say

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

You just gave the best example of believing everything you’re told; religion included is what I say

Kinda. Religion is the biggest lie on earth, there's no question there. It's also a form of control for those in a situation of power. Again, no question there. But considering that it's the biggest industry in the world, with more variants than I can count, I decided to make it an exception.

Edited by The Blackangel

I never had either ability. I can't lie for the world of it. Even when I should tell a white lie I just can't do it. I'd rather stay silent.

And I always assume other people are genuine, I'm not able to get into a conversation assuming the other person is going to lie. That's probably projection on my part, because I wouldn't lie so I assume others won't either, especially about trivial and seemingly inconsequential things.