The Blackangel

What is the console you would want most - excluding next gen

Which Console  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Console

• Nintendo Switch
    • PS4
    • Xbox One

I went for the Switch. I already had a PS4 but I recently sold it since I have a PS5 and there was no need for it. There's no reason for me to downgrade to the Xbox One either so the only logical option was the Switch. It would be fun to have a handheld console as well.

50 minutes ago, Darth said:

I went for the Switch. I already had a PS4 but I recently sold it since I have a PS5 and there was no need for it. There's no reason for me to downgrade to the Xbox One either so the only logical option was the Switch. It would be fun to have a handheld console as well.

I think having a portable system is a big advantage, especially when several of the biggest games out right now are also on it. Skyrim and Witcher 3 to name just two. Unless I'm mistaken there's no GTA titles on Switch, but that's a Nintendo vs Rockstar thing. Especially since Nintendo is a "family company", and Rockstar makes adult games. Family my ass.

Edited by The Blackangel

At least I got an upgrade of console, even if I am yet to get a gaming PC, PS4 can serve me for some time thou, maybe in the next 2-3 months I can get my hands on gaming PC. 

Take a look at my 500GB storage drive PS4 below:

1693040331_PS4GameConsole(1_3).jpg.c8d30493e7ac88578fa219f1de69b49b.jpg

On 4/5/2022 at 1:38 PM, The Blackangel said:

I think having a portable system is a big advantage, especially when several of the biggest games out right now are also on it. Skyrim and Witcher 3 to name just two. Unless I'm mistaken there's no GTA titles on Switch, but that's a Nintendo vs Rockstar thing. Especially since Nintendo is a "family company", and Rockstar makes adult games. Family my ass.

That's exactly why I'm hoping that Microsoft or Sony go down the portable console route in the future. Would love for Sony to create a modern PSP or PS Vita that they actually support and develop properly. Always found it weird that GTA titles weren't available on Nintendo devices but I guess they want to stay away from the "controversy". 

On 4/6/2022 at 2:48 PM, Darth said:

That's exactly why I'm hoping that Microsoft or Sony go down the portable console route in the future. Would love for Sony to create a modern PSP or PS Vita that they actually support and develop properly. Always found it weird that GTA titles weren't available on Nintendo devices but I guess they want to stay away from the "controversy". 

That's why Nintendo cut all ties with Rockstar, unless one of their racing games is available on Switch. But with GTA and RDR2 being Rockstar games, I would bet that they don't want any connection whatsoever. Even with the massive success of the DKC franchise on the SNES. Not to mention Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64. But from what I understand, Nintendo is somewhat ashamed that they let CBFD get released for one of their systems.

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

That's why Nintendo cut all ties with Rockstar, unless one of their racing games is available on Switch. But with GTA and RDR2 being Rockstar games, I would bet that they don't want any connection whatsoever. Even with the massive success of the DKC franchise on the SNES. Not to mention Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64. But from what I understand, Nintendo is somewhat ashamed that they let CBFD get released for one of their systems.

Gta trilogy got a switch port, La noire was also released on the switch so just wondering what make you think nintendo cut all ties with rockstar? 

On 4/5/2022 at 9:35 PM, Justin11 said:

At least I got an upgrade of console, even if I am yet to get a gaming PC, PS4 can serve me for some time thou, maybe in the next 2-3 months I can get my hands on gaming PC. 

Take a look at my 500GB storage drive PS4 below:

Sorry i'm late to the party but Congrats glad for you man, from what i've read before you were wanting one a long ass time and coulden't get it, so enjoy it for what it's worth hope you have a hell of a good time with it.

Forget about that gaming pc, you have so many great gaming experiences to catch up on, you just woulden't have time to play it😉

23 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Gta trilogy got a switch port, La noire was also released on the switch so just wondering what make you think nintendo cut all ties with rockstar? 

I wasn't sure. I hadn't seen any Rockstar games available on any Nintendo consoles for a long time. Since the N64 actually. So I just assumed they cut ties. They were pissed as hell when SquareEnix released Final Fantasy on PlayStation instead of giving it to Nintendo. Sure later on they got ports of some of those FF games, but they're still butt hurt as hell. But with Rockstar, I just made a general assumption.

8 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Sorry i'm late to the party but Congrats glad for you man, from what i've read before you were wanting one a long ass time and coulden't get it, so enjoy it for what it's worth hope you have a hell of a good time with it.

Forget about that gaming pc, you have so many great gaming experiences to catch up on, you just woulden't have time to play it😉

Thanks for pouring bout kind gestures on me, definitely I will try to enjoy more of PS4 games. I wouldn't consider gaming PC anymore, unless I need one for my online Assignments in the future. 

I already have Nintendo Switch and PS4 but never had Xbox One, so my answer is pretty much obvious that it's going to be Xbox One. I have played on it just once at a friend's some years back and it's something I would like to have. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My choice would definitely be the Nintendo Switch as I haven't had a Nintendo gaming device for some time now and I want to play things like Mario Kart and Smash Ultimate along with Breath of the Wild and some Pokemon.

Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild is a very good game to play on Nintendo Switch. It's very rare to see who owns a Nintendo Switch that doesn't have Breath of the Wild. 

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild is a very good game to play on Nintendo Switch. It's very rare to see who owns a Nintendo Switch that doesn't have Breath of the Wild. 

And it also has nothing to do with the topic at hand. This is not about games you want. It is about consoles you want, EXCLUDING current gen systems.

Get back on topic people.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

And it also has nothing to do with the topic at hand. This is not about games you want. It is about consoles you want, EXCLUDING current gen systems.

Get back on topic people.

Thanks for pointing that out and I'm well aware of the topic. It's just a reference to Nintendo Switch which is part of the topic being discussed. I don't have any plans on taking it farther than that. Thanks for still stepping as well.