Register Now
Head_Hunter

Can you still remember the first console game you played?

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I still have some good friends of mine who are still playing on PlayStation 2 because they can't really upgrade on their consoles for now. 

We all have our struggles from time to time. I believe that with time, they will definitely get to upgrade on their consoles. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

PS2 gave me a nice feeling when I played it 13 years ago which is around 2008 or 2009. I've played the Gameboy, Xbox 360, Sega etc, they all gave me nice feelings when I played them. 

Gameboy would probably be the first gaming platform that you played from the list that you have just mentioned right? 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Gameboy would probably be the first gaming platform that you played from the list that you have just mentioned right? 

Well, if you are looking at the gaming platform that came out first amongst his list, it's definitely SEGA console. It depends on the Sega he started out playing with. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

You're right, almost all of us started from the Gameboy. It has been around for long time now. But this days I hardly see the gaming device around. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You're right, almost all of us started from the Gameboy. It has been around for long time now. But this days I hardly see the gaming device around. 

I was simply guessing because Gameboy was a handle held gaming hardware which was very popular back then when it's released in 1989 if I remember correctly. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

I was simply guessing because Gameboy was a handle held gaming hardware which was very popular back then when it's released in 1989 if I remember correctly. 

That's very wise that you recalled when Gameboy came into play. I never really catched up to that, because I never really acquired information about that. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's very wise that you recalled when Gameboy came into play. I never really catched up to that, because I never really acquired information about that. 

Of course yes, Gameboy was a very popular game back then. I sneaked into my classroom with mine on multiple occasions. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, any gamer that's not familiar with Gameboy is never really into gaming in my opinion unless the gamer started out playing newly. 

I'm very glad that you added the possibility of new generation gamers not being able to know about it because my cousin doesn't at all. 

1 minute ago, m76 said:

The first one was a Quake2 port on the original PSX, and it was truly horrible compared to the PC version. I played it at one of my wealthy schoolmates house, as only the 1% could afford a console at the time here in Eastern Europe.

I believe that it's likely the same thing for most people as well. Owning consoles then was a thing of the few privileged people that are wealthy. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is actually why game's preservation is very good for both the games and their playing platforms as well. 

Game collectors are the highest and biggest games preservers because they go out of their way to keep those games alive till date.