Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you get tired of new editions of old games?

I notice a lot of people complaining lately about new editions of old games—i.e. remasters, upgrades, etc. There is no denying that there has been quite a flood of these in recent years.

Anyway, I don’t really see the problem. It is annoying to pay twice for a game, but one can always just not buy it. But I think it’s really important to do new editions for systems that do not support old versions of games so that at least one can keep playing if one no longer has one’s old system.

Thoughts?

Remakes are usually good because there usually is enough change to justify getting the game again. Remasters, like the recent one from Rockstar, are usually never interesting enough to justify a huge price and they annoy me. I really wish they remade the GTA trilogy instead of just remastering it.

23 hours ago, Darth said:

Remakes are usually good because there usually is enough change to justify getting the game again. Remasters, like the recent one from Rockstar, are usually never interesting enough to justify a huge price and they annoy me. I really wish they remade the GTA trilogy instead of just remastering it.

Exactly, it's more like having the remastered version to pick out all the flaws in the game's existing and fix as well as upgrade it well. 

Well, with Mario and Donkey Kong I figure it's hard to exhaust things.  They can just keep making new worlds for them to play in.   Anyway, I love those games so I want them to continue seemingly forever.  Why not?

Anyway, this is sure not like Hollywood movies where perhaps the best idea is to not do a remake, lol.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

At this point, Skyrim has been remastered and ported to death. The worst part is most of the same bugs are still present from the original version which is absolutely pathetic.

You've been offline for some time now, I felt your absence, I'm glad you're back contributing effectively here as you use to do. 

PS: back to the topic. 

Some remastered versions aren't good enough, getting widespread downvotes, like, GTA trilogy version. 

Yeah it really sucks. Ubisoft and EA are the worst offenders. You end up needing a graph to find out what you're even getting across all the versions. Also COD games, they are all the same, new realse is the same as the last release, or wait! that COD is the same as the COD back 10 years ago.  It's an annoying money grab. I'm old enough to have played OG Doom (and did...a lot) and am pissed I have to pay extra for the full game just to get that extra nostalgia.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

At this point, Skyrim has been remastered and ported to death. The worst part is most of the same bugs are still present from the original version which is absolutely pathetic.

Seriously, if I tell you that I'm not sick and tired of these game's and their bugs and glitches, just know that I'm a very big liar.