Register Now
killamch89

The new Macbooks are really powerful!

They still don't go above and beyond the top CPUs of the AMD and Intel though. They do have some good performance for their own walled garden. not for open market. and by that I am referring to non apple software which requires more CPU and for which they are on windows than on mac. 

On 11/19/2021 at 5:36 AM, skyfire said:

They still don't go above and beyond the top CPUs of the AMD and Intel though. They do have some good performance for their own walled garden. not for open market. and by that I am referring to non apple software which requires more CPU and for which they are on windows than on mac. 

Considering that gaming wasn't a thing on MacBook Pros until the last two releases, this is pretty good for them. Also, surprisingly, they're priced better than most gaming laptops that offer an equivalent amount of performance. However, the Apple Ecosystem is just not my thing either.

I agree so much with you. Sure, the new stuff looks amazing (I truly want them just because they look so amazing), but if you need to do stuff, just get what you need already. You can wait three years and get the M5, that will probably be even better than the current M2

Apple have always shown to be a fantastic hardware company, involved in diverse devices in the present world. Seeing them building MACbook PC is a welcomed one, I am yet to see the PC physically but the digital view of it, tells me how quality it is. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Apple have always shown to be a fantastic hardware company, involved in diverse devices in the present world. Seeing them building MACbook PC is a welcomed one, I am yet to see the PC physically but the digital view of it, tells me how quality it is. 

Macbook has it's own range and they wont be going to PC market as that will make it come out of walled garden. 

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

Macbook has it's own range and they wont be going to PC market as that will make it come out of walled garden. 

Every brand has its own way of driving sales or exposure for their products. So, the makers of MacBook computer simply have their own concept to drive sales and gain admiration. 

Not just concept, literally walled garden like china, they control social media narrative and don't let negative voice amplify, it's like cult, same like chinese and middle east when the supress negative reviews. apple does the same but with the help of fanboys. like a cult. 

That's impressive of MacBook devs for using social media to gain widespread recognition for their creativity of making hand-book device in 'Macbook. Ability to control negative responses from those who doesn't like their progress via social media and other avenues, keeps them at the superior level, and free from being targeted by haters. 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:43 PM, skyfire said:

I think next gen of the macbooks would even be harder to add RAM too. it already is harder to ram. so kind of like chinese castle. 

I've seen a lot gaming laptop manufacturers doing the same thing - making it hard to upgrade the RAM/memory.

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Smart phones with RAM seize of 4GB - 8GB is very much okay. At least they can contain much games and other large files and run smoothly. 

Smartphones are coming up with minimum 6GB RAM lately for most photography phones. So yeah but the context is apple devices and they seem to be getting better processors.