Register Now
killamch89

The new Macbooks are really powerful!

I'll say it from the start, I HATE Apple. Their products are hugely popular with so many dedicated hardcore fans and I've never understood why. Their greedy as hell with way overpriced products that don't even pack some of the most basic necessities in the box like charger's.  Even worse they intentionally make it damn near impossible to repair anything forcing you to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars for a replacement so that they can repair yours for pennies then sell it to somebody else.  It's disgusting.

With that being said I will still give credit where it's due this new line of M1 processers are very impressive, especially for a chip with only 15W TDP.  Matching and even beating AMD's and Intel's best laptop chipsets using only a fraction of the power, especially on single core.

apple-m1-pro-geekbench-576.webp

Apple-M1-Mac-Mini.power-consumption.png

I'd love to see what these things are capable of when pushed to a full desktop spec 80-100W TDP.  If these scores are anything to go by they would absolutely obliterate the i9‑12900k and 5950x with 16 cores.

As far as I can tell there is only one drawback to M1.... IT'S IN A MAC BOOK!

Edited by Crazycrab

18 hours ago, egghead said:

I hear that 16 inch mac book pro is good for gaming, but I do not have any experience

I have used the 16 inch from friend but the thing is unless you have more RAM, you wont see much good experience wise. you need a lot better RAM for things to make sense.

18 hours ago, egghead said:

For better gaming experience, you need more RAM as well as better processor and Graphic cards. Mac book pro 16 had 16 GB RAM

It can have upto 64 GB of RAM but the thing is that it's not going to hold up much.

19 hours ago, Patrik said:

did apple actually stated that it's capable of gaming? weird, as gaming and macbooks don't fit with each others xd

In some context yes, but who is making games for them and people have money to play and burn the device up by playing like we do on console and PC.

Apple is too expensive to wear it out like we do with PC and Console. It's like buying those expensive BMW cars and not driving them to make them antique, even if they can run in race.

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Even if Apple deem it 100% right for quality gaming, I wouldn't still depend my life on it trying to enjoy games on a smart phone that will feel heavy on my hands, I will relax myself with console gaming, carrying only the controller. 

Yes between apple and console, I would pick console too as apple macrbook pro gets too much expensive and so does studio box or the desktop boxes of apple.

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

In some context yes, but who is making games for them and people have money to play and burn the device up by playing like we do on console and PC.

Apple is too expensive to wear it out like we do with PC and Console. It's like buying those expensive BMW cars and not driving them to make them antique, even if they can run in race.

well that's it actually, you can get a normal gaming pc for less price and better performance in some cases, at the end, what matters is the price/performance and not the brand name

On 12/6/2021 at 6:08 AM, Crazycrab said:

I'll say it from the start, I HATE Apple. Their products are hugely popular with so many dedicated hardcore fans and I've never understood why. Their greedy as hell with way overpriced products that don't even pack some of the most basic necessities in the box like charger's.  Even worse they intentionally make it damn near impossible to repair anything forcing you to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars for a replacement so that they can repair yours for pennies then sell it to somebody else.  It's disgusting.

With that being said I will still give credit where it's due this new line of M1 processers are very impressive, especially for a chip with only 15W TDP.  Matching and even beating AMD's and Intel's best laptop chipsets using only a fraction of the power, especially on single core.

apple-m1-pro-geekbench-576.webp

Apple-M1-Mac-Mini.power-consumption.png

I'd love to see what these things are capable of when pushed to a full desktop spec 80-100W TDP.  If these scores are anything to go by they would absolutely obliterate the i9‑12900k and 5950x with 16 cores.

As far as I can tell there is only one drawback to M1.... IT'S IN A MAC BOOK!

My thoughts exactly - I have only ever owned one Mac Book and don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon unless I get it as a gift or something but the M1 and M1X are real powerhouses.

22 hours ago, Patrik said:

well that's it actually, you can get a normal gaming pc for less price and better performance in some cases, at the end, what matters is the price/performance and not the brand name

Yes only thing is that Apple chips are now homegrown and they are as good as i7 and i9 and even competing with Ryzen lately. Which makes them still the option for industries like sound, video and other 3D based work etc. because unlike windows they have pretty good apps for those sectors.

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes only thing is that Apple chips are now homegrown and they are as good as i7 and i9 and even competing with Ryzen lately. Which makes them still the option for industries like sound, video and other 3D based work etc. because unlike windows they have pretty good apps for those sectors.

Ryzen isn't the top tier anymore, since even newer gen i3's are competing with em 😛