Register Now
killamch89

Lenovo 7I Intel review - A really solid gaming laptop

On 11/19/2021 at 5:35 AM, skyfire said:

I may have to check some other reviewers. I heard some good so far about this model. 

Yeah, it's selling really well to be fair and it's one of Lenovo's most popular gaming laptops so it's no surprise that it is so well received.

Lenovo always has had that one lineup of gaming laptops, that are great to balance b/w work and gaming and even for engineering students, etc. The Win8 to Win10 jump era laptops had a few driver problems, but are solid otherwise. And the build quality has only improved since then. But they are also a bit more on the $$ side. (relatively)

On 11/21/2021 at 10:04 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah, it's selling really well to be fair and it's one of Lenovo's most popular gaming laptops so it's no surprise that it is so well received.

I can see that lenovo soon would be competiting with asus and msi but with more or less budget segment I suppose. 

5 hours ago, StormyFire said:

Lenovo consistently delivers quality products at surprisingly competitive prices. It is strange because many people view Lenovo as an obscure brand, but they actually evolved from IBM. I have never had bad luck with their products.

My experience with Lenovo is really good. I prefer it over HP crap. Here HP has horrible support and the parts. A lot of money being spent on repairs. 

On 4/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, egghead said:

I have a Dell Gaming Laptop, when I m ready to buy a new laptop, I will buy only from Dell. I will not buy a Chinese brand.

Dell has all the inner components made in china. There is not a single brand out there which does not have chineses components in it. they only have "designed in america" but all of them outsource from china.

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I went through the video and done my review outside the Lenovo gaming device, the Lenovo model is superb, suitable for gaming, the price is way too much with what I saw elsewhere, which is around $2,153. 

At that price point you get better MSI and ASUS machines. which may perform better too at the specs offered.

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

At that price point you get better MSI and ASUS machines. which may perform better too at the specs offered.

I can't fancy my hands on such amount of PCs, I am comfortable with the current PC I'm using, maybe in the future I can decide to get any of this, only if my funds increase. 

On 4/15/2022 at 10:31 PM, skyfire said:

Dell has all the inner components made in china. There is not a single brand out there which does not have chineses components in it. they only have "designed in america" but all of them outsource from china.

I am not talking about where the devices are made, I am talking about the brands. I use Samsung phone, which was manufactured in China, but Samsung is not a Chinese brand.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:04 AM, skyfire said:

I agree - Lenovo is pretty expensive compared to a fair bit of their competitors while offering the same experience.