Register Now
killamch89

Battlefield 2042 Is Another Disastrous Launch For EA, Faces Mass Protest From Community

Just when we thought there was no way EA could screw up another Battlefield launch - to no one's surprise, they absolutely messed up with the game being very buggy in the beta and at launch it seems most of the issues haven't been fixed. I was really looking forward to this game but I think I'll pass on it. How disappointed are you about the botched launch of yet another Battlefield game?

and

EA could just be really cocky since this is one of those years where the fanbase seems to favor Battlefield over Call of Duty. And so they don't want to miss out on the bragging rights of having beaten Call of Duty? Because it doesn't seem like people favor Call of Duty much this year. And they probably want to capitalise on that.

You know considering they been releasing the same type of game for the past ten years since battlefront 3, you would think they would have a good understanding on what is required on their end to run a smooth process. I guess this also brings up the question is this Dice version of BioWare magic aka we don’t know what we’re doing but it’ll turn out ok in the end?

On 11/18/2021 at 7:01 AM, Empire said:

EA could just be really cocky since this is one of those years where the fanbase seems to favor Battlefield over Call of Duty. And so they don't want to miss out on the bragging rights of having beaten Call of Duty? Because it doesn't seem like people favor Call of Duty much this year. And they probably want to capitalise on that.

You know considering they been releasing the same type of game for the past ten years since battlefront 3, you would think they would have a good understanding on what is required on their end to run a smooth process. I guess this also brings up the question is this Dice version of BioWare magic aka we don’t know what we’re doing but it’ll turn out ok in the end?

Both games have been pretty underwhelming in the last few years but Battlefield 5 flopped pretty badly last year too so we all thought it was a one off but no, EA had to totally screw it up.

EA are getting very good at botching launches, but when it comes to Battlefield (and CoD, too, but since this is EA, we'll ignore them), I think it's time for the series to be given a break.  I know EA won't do that, it's one of their golden geese, their go-to titles, but there comes a time when enough is enough, give it a few years before bringing back the Battlefield name, and do it with a stellar release, not just another "here's idea x, let's just do it if it makes sense or not."

On 11/26/2021 at 7:15 PM, Justin11 said:

EA is sinking more and more. Instead of rising, the popular video game company is busy draining down the tunnel due to their recent game releases that is off colours, lacking cutting edge and having worthless policies. 

They spend more money and resources trying to take your money than actually providing a solid experience. This is why I'm very skeptical about any games they're releasing and waiting until they actually launched because I've saved myself from tons of disappointment.

46 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

They spend more money and resources trying to take your money than actually providing a solid experience. This is why I'm very skeptical about any games they're releasing and waiting until they actually launched because I've saved myself from tons of disappointment.

What you're doing simple great to save money for yourself. Because, EA FIFA series and other buggy games if EA can simply make you regret spending it, when you rush to buy without waiting to hear from others experience first.