Register Now
PGen98

Saints Row Reboot Delayed to August 2022

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/saints-row-reboot-delayed-to-august-2022/1100-6498096/

Volition have announced that the reboot of Saints Row has been pushed back to August of 2022, giving them time to "produce the best Saints Row possible."  I appreciate that, from an end user perspective, it's a solid plan to make sure it works and you don't have to wait for a fix after launch, but of course as a consumer delays aren't fun to experience. 

Per the source:

Volition's new Saints Row reboot has been delayed. Originally scheduled for release on February 25, 2022, the game is now launching six months later, on August 23, 2022. The game is being delayed in part because Volition underestimated the impact of COVID-19 on the development schedule, and to bring the game up to the quality standards that the studio set for itself and what fans deserve, the studio said.

"Our priority is to create the best Saints Row game yet and, if we released on the original date, it wouldn't be up to the standards we've set ourselves, and that you're expecting and deserve," Volition boss Jim Boone said. "The team just need more time to do our vision justice; we're doing some fine tuning and there won't be much change in the game outside of overall quality and polish."

Edited by PGen98

Honestly I am okay with this. I think it's better to delay a game, than release it at a time where it's just not ready. I wish more game companies actually allowed more delays. Yeah they suck to happen, and it brings everyone down, but I would rather have a bunch of delays than have another Cyberpunk 2077 or GTA Remastered Trilogy on our hands. 

Delays are okay. 

On 11/29/2021 at 2:47 PM, Kane99 said:

Honestly I am okay with this. I think it's better to delay a game, than release it at a time where it's just not ready. I wish more game companies actually allowed more delays. Yeah they suck to happen, and it brings everyone down, but I would rather have a bunch of delays than have another Cyberpunk 2077 or GTA Remastered Trilogy on our hands. 

Delays are okay. 

I completely agree with this, far too many games are seeing botched launches now, it's a bit ridiculous.  I love Saints Row's humour and I want to see this game released as much as anyone, but not if it means another botched launch and glitches galore.  Take the extra time, fix the game, make it work.  I'm glad that's the route they've taken.

On 12/1/2021 at 12:17 AM, PGen98 said:

I completely agree with this, far too many games are seeing botched launches now, it's a bit ridiculous.  I love Saints Row's humour and I want to see this game released as much as anyone, but not if it means another botched launch and glitches galore.  Take the extra time, fix the game, make it work.  I'm glad that's the route they've taken.

It's becoming unacceptable. Too many studios are doing it, and idk how they feel they can get away with it. I think what they do, is hope the backlash dies down, and they'll just slowly make the game better. Hell, Cyberpunk 2077 still hasn't come out with an official new gen version of the game, and that game dropped a year ago now. 

And I hope they take another delay if needed. I think they should allow their studios to make the games they want in the time they feel they can. 

37 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

The time allocated to the video game is preferably, in order to allow them.time to work on the game and comeback in 2022 with better option of enticing gameplay and not the one bugs will be around too often. 

As long as they give the game time to grow, things should go fine. Unless the game turns out to be mediocre or boring. Studios should take their time, make the game how they want to make it. If it takes a while, so be it. 

I think studios should be given later due dates, just so that they have the time needed. 

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

As long as they give the game time to grow, things should go fine. Unless the game turns out to be mediocre or boring. Studios should take their time, make the game how they want to make it. If it takes a while, so be it. 

I think studios should be given later due dates, just so that they have the time needed. 

They have every time on Earth to correct things around a video game abd develop it to the best of gamers to bring explicit experience. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

They have every time on Earth to correct things around a video game abd develop it to the best of gamers to bring explicit experience. 

I agree - I wish most companies would do this instead of rushing broken games out like Cyberpunk 2077.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - I wish most companies would do this instead of rushing broken games out like Cyberpunk 2077.

That's exactly what I want from video game companies to learn, and bring the best feature into any game developed or remake. 

On 12/2/2021 at 6:16 PM, Kane99 said:

It's becoming unacceptable. Too many studios are doing it, and idk how they feel they can get away with it. I think what they do, is hope the backlash dies down, and they'll just slowly make the game better. Hell, Cyberpunk 2077 still hasn't come out with an official new gen version of the game, and that game dropped a year ago now. 

And I hope they take another delay if needed. I think they should allow their studios to make the games they want in the time they feel they can. 

I completely agree, if they need to delay the game again to make sure it's a quality product, then do it.  More companies need to do exactly that.

On 12/8/2021 at 4:53 AM, Empire said:

Every major release will now have a fake initial release date followed by a more plausible second release date further out. Initial release dates are all bogus now.

You're not wrong, we always seem to get the "coming Q2 2022" followed by "June 2022!" and then "j/k, it's January 2023" release window.  It's ludicrous to announce a when until the game is a decent way along in development.

I just got Saints Row 2 and spent the whole night playing it. I have no words to explain how bad ass the game is. I recently got GTA San Andreas too and Saints Row 2 beats San Andreas, as well as GTA 4. How SR2 didn't get as popular as GTA leaves me dumbfounded. The game is a whole lot crazier than anything I've experienced with GTA. It's like GTA multiplied to the extreme. All I can say is that Saints Row 2 is fun as hell and one of my personal favorites now. I also bought Saints Row The Third remastered but have not received it yet. 

So I'm excited about this reboot. I can't wait. I'm not sure if it's true about Saints Row 4 and how it went bonkers in crazyville, but hey, bring it. 

How come Saints Row started off as Xbox exclusive and then SR2 became available to all platforms? I wish I could start the series from the beginning and that's probably why the reboot is coming for SR1. So I'm excited about it being this year. I'm glad it never stayed an exclusive. This is a reminder why the new trend in monopolization buying up developers will hurt gamers. We all will be segmented and only know games available for your console subscription.