Register Now
PGen98

Saints Row Reboot Delayed to August 2022

On 8/12/2022 at 9:09 AM, Heatman said:

If it drops in on gamepass, that makes it a lot more better and even less of a thing to worry about. On getting it, even though I'm going to be cash ready to get it when it comes out, I'm going to make sure to hear a few gamers playing opinion on it before I make my move. But my instincts tells me that it's going to be hit. 

I'd love for that to happen, means I won't have to spend full price on a game and I could just spend $15 to get gamepass ultimate. Works perfectly for me. 

August 23rd can't come sooner can it? 😄 I'm more psyched for this than I have for most games as of late. It actually looks like a lot of fun. 

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's good.

this would be a worthy addition to my list of games I am buying before September.

I would pin this one and wait till it's release and it is also selling for a good price as well.

I have already made all the necessary arrangements needed for the game. Once it's released, if I don't get it on the day of its release, it's definitely not going to pass one week into its release date for me to buy it. 

Oh, even up to now the broken game is yet to be released. It means, waiting till time indefinitely, I don't even have a time for the game. Since last year (2021) I heard about it's delay,the company have kept it cool while working to release it. 

i'm kinda torn wheter i should get saints row right away or just hold off until it goes on sale. To me it looks like just another open world game that adds nothing new to the table and from what i have gathered from previews on various sites, the side content is just your standard uninspired open world affair. I know i'll have fun with the game no doubt but is it really worth paying full price for. Currently i'm not really feeling it maybe that will change over time but as it stands now especially after violition's previous game agents of mayhem which flopped hard, i don't have a lot of faith in violition anymore to save their flagship franchise. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have already made all the necessary arrangements needed for the game. Once it's released, if I don't get it on the day of its release, it's definitely not going to pass one week into its release date for me to buy it. 

That's good too.

You can also give a review about it here on vgr so we can share in the fun and also help those who are considering about purchasing the game to have a little incite about it and be further clarified.

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Saw a video of the beginning of the game and not sure I'm feeling it. The characters are kinda cringe and they say some cringey shit. I'm still interested in getting it eventually, just for the gameplay mostly, but I'm not really sure what to expect from this story. 

https://youtu.be/DSvX0KOdBWQ

I felt the same way after watching that video as well. Well, all I can say for now would be for them not to shoot themselves in the leg with how they end up making the game. I'm still going to get it too and if it ends up disappointing, that's it then. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I felt the same way after watching that video as well. Well, all I can say for now would be for them not to shoot themselves in the leg with how they end up making the game. I'm still going to get it too and if it ends up disappointing, that's it then. 

To me, it just doesn't feel like Saints Row. I know the original games got pretty campy and unrealistic at times, but it still kinda made you feel like you were a part of a gang. This reminds me a lot of Watch Dogs 2 for some reason. Maybe it's the colorful clothing everyone is wearing, and how no one sounds like they are part of a gang at all. They all sound and look prepish lol. Idk, it's just weird to me. 

I might not be getting this game now. A review from GmanLives goes in depth about many issues the game has. Supposedly it's a bugged mess, the characters are boring, npcs and enemies don't know what the hell they're doing and so on. I guess it takes a lot from past games in the series, but doesn't do them well. 

Here's the review:

https://youtu.be/U0XjOhCLssc

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I might not be getting this game now. A review from GmanLives goes in depth about many issues the game has. Supposedly it's a bugged mess, the characters are boring, npcs and enemies don't know what the hell they're doing and so on. I guess it takes a lot from past games in the series, but doesn't do them well. 

Here's the review:

Angry Centaur Gaming (ACG) didn't think much of it either, said pretty much the same things. So... yeah. Honestly, I think here is parts of this would genuinely enjoy, but would likely get bored of it pretty quick. At least for now, this looks like one to avoid.

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Here's the review:

Thanks for sharing that. I didn't watch GManLives before, but I think he does a good job of explaining and evidencing his claims.

Based on the video I see this a lot like how Back 4 Blood was received when Crowbcat compared it to Left 4 Dead. At first I was thinking it's not like older Saints Row games were masterpieces and Volition are God's gift to the industry, but when GManLives started showing footage it did make me realise how much fun I could have with those older games rather than the amount I could have with this... when it's in the bargain bin... and if I've no other games to achievement farm.

I wasn't excited for a Saints Row remaster especially after whatever Agents of Mayhem ended up being, but now I'm certain that the series has had its time, glaring - and hopefully soon to be fixed - technical errors aside. Like Crackdown it was one-and-done. The stakes cannot be higher, the goofiness cannot plumb lower depths, and they've got to learn to share the particle effects with everyone else.

Edited by Withywarlock

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Here's the review:

So, eventually they ended up shooting themselves in the leg just like a presumed. You were looking for the right word to describe what was wrong with the character initially and it's them being blatantly boring and nothing like they needed to be. Do I still need to get the game now even though I had a strong feeling towards it before? I don't think so. I've been heavily discouraged. 

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

Angry Centaur Gaming (ACG) didn't think much of it either, said pretty much the same things. So... yeah. Honestly, I think here is parts of this would genuinely enjoy, but would likely get bored of it pretty quick. At least for now, this looks like one to avoid.

Saw this video from kindafunnygames on tiktok that also had issues with the game. 

4 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Thanks for sharing that. I didn't watch GManLives before, but I think he does a good job of explaining and evidencing his claims.

Based on the video I see this a lot like how Back 4 Blood was received when Crowbcat compared it to Left 4 Dead. At first I was thinking it's not like older Saints Row games were masterpieces and Volition are God's gift to the industry, but when GManLives started showing footage it did make me realise how much fun I could have with those older games rather than the amount I could have with this... when it's in the bargain bin... and if I've no other games to achievement farm.

I wasn't excited for a Saints Row remaster especially after whatever Agents of Mayhem ended up being, but now I'm certain that the series has had its time, glaring - and hopefully soon to be fixed - technical errors aside. Like Crackdown it was one-and-done. The stakes cannot be higher, the goofiness cannot plumb lower depths, and they've got to learn to share the particle effects with everyone else.

I wouldn't say it's a remaster, it's more of a reboot as it's a whole new story in a different time. The whole thing that worked for Saints Row was the goofiness I think. I think this new game has that goofiness, but the other bits are bringing it down. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

So, eventually they ended up shooting themselves in the leg just like a presumed. You were looking for the right word to describe what was wrong with the character initially and it's them being blatantly boring and nothing like they needed to be. Do I still need to get the game now even though I had a strong feeling towards it before? I don't think so. I've been heavily discouraged. 

Pretty much. And to think, they delayed the game once already. They probably should've done another delay, because it's clear it needed some extra work. 

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

We're defiantly at a point where to many people are saying the same things for the claims not to have merit.

Oh for sure. I just saw another review saying it was "Ugly and Boring Hot Trash", according to this site: https://www.gaminginstincts.com/review/saints-row-review-ugly-and-boring-hot-trash/

And they did a video review for it too: 

It's not looking good at all for them.