Register Now
PGen98

WSJ Report Alleges Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Hid Knowledge of Misconduct

Source:https://www.gamespot.com/articles/report-alleges-activision-blizzard-ceo-bobby-kotick-hid-knowledge-of-misconduct/1100-6498073/

Per the source:

A new report from the Wall Street Journal paints a very different picture of Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick than the executive has made for himself, alleging Kotick had knowledge of many sexual assault and harassment claims at his studios. Additionally, the report said Kotick did not notify the company's board of directors after it reached an out-of-court settlement with an employee who accused a former supervisor of rape.

Documents including memos and emails shown to the Wall Street Journal reportedly indicate Kotick's knowledge of other accusations made against employees within Activision Blizzard. They also suggest that employees forced out for allegations were still publicly praised and coworkers were asked to not speak out.

Pretty awful that they held onto knowledge of the misconduct, fired employees for speaking out and actively suppressed coworkers so they weren't able to speak out.  That's awful for Blizzard all around.  Horrible attitude, creates a toxic environment, and it's just awful all around to do.

Edited by PGen98

I saw ReviewTechUSA report on this as well.

Why am I not all suppressed to find that this man is a monster? Why am I not surprised to find him to be a big part of the problem? However, why am I surprised to see his board and Activision's shareholders defending his and insisting he is the one to lead Activision toward a better image and to goal of creating a better workplace? They can't be this stupid! The man is a monster and he's going down. His personal reputation amongst his employees was already on the floor and if Activision is gonna survive this with even a shred of dignity intact, Bobby needs to go.

People, and I do mean people, as in gamers of world need to stop buying Activision's games. Clearly the power that be at Activision don't care about workplace sexual harassment even up to the point where employees are driven to suicide and getting death threats form the CEO himself to keep quite about such harassment. All that matters is how much money Activision make with this monster at the helm.

Not only that, this guy has been embezzling millions from the company for years and years, yet they have to lay off employees due to "budget constrants". The only thing that SEC did was fine him and news that comes out about this are always swept under the rug by Wallstreet. If you're ever feeling unhappy about your life, just remember that there are still some people defending Activision on social media and you'll feel better. Probably because they don't want to feel guilty about enjoying their precious Call of Duty.

With the Activision Blizzard employees are staging a walkout with the demand for the company's CEO Bobby Kotick to be replaced with respect to how they have been treated and their rights not respected, sexual misconduct, sexual assault, rape and so on. Do you think the CEO will be replaced? 

Edited by Heatman

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's cool mate, it's all good. I would be looking out for similar ones before adding new thread/topic. 

No problem.

In reply to what you actually asked, he defiantly should. I can't believe the board is standing with him on this. He lied to them! Every minute that monster is still the CEO of Activision is proof that company couldn't care less about how they treat thier employees. Sexual assault, pay discrepancies based of gender, harassment and bullying to the point employed commit suicide and even Bobby himself trying to sweep it all under rug to the point of even personally threatening the life of someone for speaking up. What the hell is wrong with this company?

2 minutes ago, Shagger said:

No problem.

In reply to what you actually asked, he defiantly should. I can't believe the board is standing with him on this. He lied to them! Every minute that monster is still the CEO of Activision is proof that company couldn't care less about how they treat thier employees. Sexual assault, pay discrepancies based of gender, harassment and bullying to the point employed commit suicide and even Bobby himself trying to sweep it all under rug to the point of even personally threatening the life of someone for speaking up. What the hell is wrong with this company?

Seriously, it's shocking that they are still debating it till now. The case is very clear that the CEO shouldn't be spared at all, he even deserves jail time. 

22 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

It's times like these where you wonder why all employees don't stage a walkout and just shut the place down till the CEO is replaced. But pigs always have muddy friends that inhabit the pen. 

Seriously, it's really a shame that these things are happening in companies as big as Activision Blizzard. Let it not get to the point where the employees riot and destroy properties. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's really a shame that these things are happening in companies as big as Activision Blizzard. Let it not get to the point where the employees riot and destroy properties. 

Yesterday I agree that riots are bad. Right now, this demon with his nose right inside a buttcrack deserves a rebellion. 

Dudes never going to leave. Even with his name being thrown through the mud, he's still CEO as we speak. But it's good seeing actual investors and others who work for Blizzard and Activision starting to speak out against him. It's sad that he's still in there, when he knew about the problems and did pretty much nothing. 

If he does drop down, or gets fired, I'm sure he'd land some job elsewhere with his name not being announced. Dudes scum, and has to go. 

I wish more people voted with their wallets and didn't support either Activision or blizzard, because people will still support these companies either way.