Register Now
PGen98

WSJ Report Alleges Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Hid Knowledge of Misconduct

1 minute ago, skyfire said:

Well I just don't get the drama. If you don't like the company leave. If you don't get paid, leave. Playing union games wont work in modern times. They will just outsource it then you are gone. 

The drama is that Bobby Kotick knew about sexual abuse allegations in his company and attempted to ignore them, after previously stating he did not even know. He even allowed some of the alleged abusers stay on the job. Check the video that Shagger posted above from ReviewTechUSA, he talks about what happened and why everyone is having a fuss over this guy. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Well I just don't get the drama. If you don't like the company leave. If you don't get paid, leave. Playing union games wont work in modern times. They will just outsource it then you are gone. 

I like to try and remain level headed, especially as a mod, but on this occasion I can't and must ask, what the FUCK is wrong with you?!

This isn't employees having a piss and moan about the length of thier coffee breaks, an unflattering dress code or not being allowed pictures of thier pets on thier desk. This is about physical assault, sexual assault, rape, harrasment, discrimination, crunch and a culture at the company that not only did nothing but actually endorsed it through management's actions and inactions. One woman was driven to suicide, another had her life threatened by the boss for daring to speak up and you're gonna seriously say that that they're just supposed to either put up with it or quit? You're disgusting.

Edited by Shagger

On 11/26/2021 at 9:58 PM, Kane99 said:

Dudes never going to leave. Even with his name being thrown through the mud, he's still CEO as we speak. But it's good seeing actual investors and others who work for Blizzard and Activision starting to speak out against him. It's sad that he's still in there, when he knew about the problems and did pretty much nothing. 

If he does drop down, or gets fired, I'm sure he'd land some job elsewhere with his name not being announced. Dudes scum, and has to go. 

I wish more people voted with their wallets and didn't support either Activision or blizzard, because people will still support these companies either way. 

I'm very sure that in the end, it's going to affect the company's stake in the stock market with their shares going to fall drastically as a result of the situation. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm very sure that in the end, it's going to affect the company's stake in the stock market with their shares going to fall drastically as a result of the situation. 

It pretty much already has. Activision and Blizzard are getting a ton of hate from fans and even their own employees. I think it's safe to say, that this whole thing is hurting the company, and rightfully so. They are trying to keep someone in charge who knew about sexual assault allegations and did nothing about them, they deserve to lose money until it's resolved imo. If they don't want to get rid of Bobby boy, then the next thing that will happen is more investors will start to pull out. I'm pretty sure their investors have wanted Kotick out as well, so I wonder if any will pull their funding until he's kicked out. 

But seriously, I don't get how this guy is still CEO of this company. I guess he just doesn't care that he's an awful person at this point. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It pretty much already has. Activision and Blizzard are getting a ton of hate from fans and even their own employees. I think it's safe to say, that this whole thing is hurting the company, and rightfully so. They are trying to keep someone in charge who knew about sexual assault allegations and did nothing about them, they deserve to lose money until it's resolved imo. If they don't want to get rid of Bobby boy, then the next thing that will happen is more investors will start to pull out. I'm pretty sure their investors have wanted Kotick out as well, so I wonder if any will pull their funding until he's kicked out. 

But seriously, I don't get how this guy is still CEO of this company. I guess he just doesn't care that he's an awful person at this point. 

The truth is that he can't still be the CEO if the board doesn't want him to and I'm beginning to think that there a hidden truth that the board doesn't want to have exposed should they fire Bobby. 

On 11/30/2021 at 12:06 AM, Kane99 said:

The drama is that Bobby Kotick knew about sexual abuse allegations in his company and attempted to ignore them, after previously stating he did not even know. He even allowed some of the alleged abusers stay on the job. Check the video that Shagger posted above from ReviewTechUSA, he talks about what happened and why everyone is having a fuss over this guy. 

I think he's trying to say that it was blatantly obvious that he knew about it. There's tons of irrefutable evidence that showed his knowledge and direct/indirect involvement in the harassment of employees and his lack of effort to take any kind of action to remedy this issue.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think he's trying to say that it was blatantly obvious that he knew about it. There's tons of irrefutable evidence that showed his knowledge and direct/indirect involvement in the harassment of employees and his lack of effort to take any kind of action to remedy this issue.

Under normal circumstances, he would have been sacked immediately without delay but why is his case different here and the board not doing anything? 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Under normal circumstances, he would have been sacked immediately without delay but why is his case different here and the board not doing anything? 

Because they're all involved and if he goes down, so does the board. I think he was suspended - if I'm not mistaken but that's just a slap on the wrist in my opinion.

On 12/4/2021 at 2:51 AM, killamch89 said:

Because they're all involved and if he goes down, so does the board. I think he was suspended - if I'm not mistaken but that's just a slap on the wrist in my opinion.

Definitely, I have always believed that it's something they are all in on and as such, they can't vote him out of office, otherwise he will expose everything. 

On 12/1/2021 at 8:53 AM, Heatman said:

The truth is that he can't still be the CEO if the board doesn't want him to and I'm beginning to think that there a hidden truth that the board doesn't want to have exposed should they fire Bobby. 

That's very likely. Especially since I think he's still CEO as we speak and no action has been taken. I think I heard something about another possible walkout by employees, but that could have been another studio recently. 

Either way, this is messed up, and I don't get why they haven't kicked him out yet. 

On 12/3/2021 at 4:55 AM, Heatman said:

On 12/3/2021 at 8:51 PM, killamch89 said:

I believe it could be what killamch89 said here. There's something more going on here that will likely be revealed if he is removed as CEO. Maybe some of the people accused of sexual assault are on the board and are keeping him on because if he's let go, their problems will come to light. That's what I'm going to guess is going on here. Because any other company would have removed him from CEO or he would have resigned from his position. 

As of this moment, it looks like Bobby Kotick is still the CEO of Activision/Blizzard. Somethings up.