Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

Yeah. They really need to do better, instead of churning out the same sort of games. And to be honest, I feel as if Capcom could learn a lot from Bethesda with The Evil Within games.

While the story in that series does not make much sense at first, the games are spot on with the atmospheric tone. When Ruvok is chasing you in that mansion, you genuinely feel scared. The enemies are more of a challenge, and there's a lot of puzzles. Some of the bosses are amazing too, like Laura or the Keeper. There's definitely a lot of Silent Hill vibes, as well as the RE4 style gameplay that most modern gamers seem to prefer, and the second game is more open world, so you can explore places in no particular order. And I actually enjoyed all of the characters, weapons, and so on. You know a game is great when you care about proceeding through it.  

The second game also has an optional first person mode, which was released via an update. That means you can, if you want to, change from third person to seeing things through the eyes of your character. But with Capcom, it's like it has to be one thing, or nothing at all. 🤫

I do look forward to seeing the new RE movie... 😁

13 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

I love the resident evil games. Started with the remastered ones. Have them on both consoles (ps4,Xbox One). I just  wish Village was in 3rd person. I can’t play 1st person games. Im hoping in the future they continue to make them in 3rd person. 

I also kept wondering why they had to change or switch to 3rd person shooter in the Resident Evil Village. The control in 3rd person shooting is always off for me. 

I am getting used to first person, but I will always prefer third person. I don't even mind the fixed camera angles of the oldest games, but I cannot see Capcom going back to that retro style. It's sad too, as many famous horror games began that way, so people feel a connection to them. 

It wouldn't be so bad if we actually seen what Ethan Winters looks like, even in the cutscenes. They've showed us every other playable character, so it's stupid to "conceal" his face.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, Boblee said:

I also kept wondering why they had to change or switch to 3rd person shooter in the Resident Evil Village. The control in 3rd person shooting is always off for me. 

I don't know about any other person but 3rd person shooter suits well for me because it really helps me with appreciation of the game's graphics the more better. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't know about any other person but 3rd person shooter suits well for me because it really helps me with appreciation of the game's graphics the more better. 

When it comes to my targeting and shooting, first person shooting is always more precise for me compared to 3rd person shooter. 

I would love to have a great, story based co-op RE game, where every player has their own unique skill. Like, maybe one person is a medic and can prepare herbs. And another could be a weapons expert. If one person dies, it seriously impacts the game, although it's still possible to fulfill the mission. It's just more of a challenge.

That way, you have a different kind of person on your team, with varied strengths and weaknesses. So that's an idea that could potentially work. 

But it's just getting Capcom to do proper online games that don't feel so pointless and incredibly lousy. 🤪

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I also love third person shooters game. Because the camera points at my pro closely, and as such I can see what's happening around the environment, and also seeing what's going on around my pro corner in a broader way. 

It helps me very well when it comes to general overview of the game's graphics by even seeing and appreciating the character make up. 

This morning, I happened to look on Rely on Horror, a site that covers survival horror games. Then I seen a video for a new game called "Post Trauma". Sorry, my phone is being ass and I cannot highlight text to make titles show up in italic. Meh.

But the point is... I see that indie devs still care about the old-school style of horror games. So Capcom, take note now! 

Maybe give people the option to have fixed, third or first person perspectives from the beginning. Huh? Makes a lot of sense to have choices available to us, right? 

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

This morning, I happened to look on Rely on Horror, a site that covers survival horror games. Then I seen a video for a new game called "Post Trauma". Sorry, my phone is being ass and I cannot highlight text to make titles show up in italic. Meh.

But the point is... I see that indie devs still care about the old-school style of horror games. So Capcom, take note now! 

Maybe give people the option to have fixed, third or first person perspectives from the beginning. Huh? Makes a lot of sense to have choices available to us, right? 

Like those selfish pricks cares about what the gamers would want eeh? No, they don't and instead of making something gamers would appreciate, they would force in new policy that's going to break gamers more. 

Yeah. That's why I said The Evil Within games are much better than this first person crap that Capcom has wanted to put out in recent years, because the second game in that series has the same gameplay style as RE4, 5, etc, but all the atmosphere of games like the RE1 remake, and early survival horror titles in a general sense. And with an optional first person mode, it made the game feel unique, if only for fans of horror games who like games like Outlast, for example. Basically, it feels like how RE was before Capcom had it becoming so... "Hollywood", I guess you could say. LOL! 🤑

I also think Days Gone is so f*cking underrated. That's one of the best and longest games I've played in like MANY years. It was kind of glitch-o-rama when it initially came out, but I think they've patched it a lot since, making it more tolerable. And while it's supposed to be an action game, some parts are so intense and scary, like when you run into a horde by the highway. Like, I recall that fight at the cabin with the angry bear, kept you on your toes. 

Honestly, that game and The Last of Us Part II gave me faith in gaming again. Very amazing graphics, engaging gameplay, and stories that kept me entertained until the very end. Whereas these pedestrian RE games today can be finished in about 3 or so hours, for to unlock speed running achievements. And they aren't really that scary either. The only part in RE8 that was creepy I'd say, was when you had to avoid the mutant baby thing, and that section reminded me of P.T. so much. But the rest of it just sucked, because you were basically just living out a shallow copy of RE4. 😏

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The map or the quest marker in a game is simply a symbol that shows us our gaming progress, how you should defend and battle AI out. 

Just like in Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption 2, the maps shows you how vast the location you want to explore it and where to start from. 

18 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Yeah. That's why I said The Evil Within games are much better than this first person crap that Capcom has wanted to put out in recent years, because the second game in that series has the same gameplay style as RE4, 5, etc, but all the atmosphere of games like the RE1 remake, and early survival horror titles in a general sense. And with an optional first person mode, it made the game feel unique, if only for fans of horror games who like games like Outlast, for example. Basically, it feels like how RE was before Capcom had it becoming so... "Hollywood", I guess you could say. LOL! 🤑

I also think Days Gone is so f*cking underrated. That's one of the best and longest games I've played in like MANY years. It was kind of glitch-o-rama when it initially came out, but I think they've patched it a lot since, making it more tolerable. And while it's supposed to be an action game, some parts are so intense and scary, like when you run into a horde by the highway. Like, I recall that fight at the cabin with the angry bear, kept you on your toes. 

Honestly, that game and The Last of Us Part II gave me faith in gaming again. Very amazing graphics, engaging gameplay, and stories that kept me entertained until the very end. Whereas these pedestrian RE games today can be finished in about 3 or so hours, for to unlock speed running achievements. And they aren't really that scary either. The only part in RE8 that was creepy I'd say, was when you had to avoid the mutant baby thing, and that section reminded me of P.T. so much. But the rest of it just sucked, because you were basically just living out a shallow copy of RE4. 😏

There is no way I would compare Resident Evil with The Last of Us 1 and 2 because the later offered more when it comes to the game's immersion.