Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is no way I would compare Resident Evil with The Last of Us 1 and 2 because the later offered more when it comes to the game's immersion. 

Seriously, I would pick playing The Last Of Us 1 and 2 any day and any time over play the Resident Evil franchise. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Just like in Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption 2, the maps shows you how vast the location you want to explore it and where to start from. 

Yeah, those video games display that, in order for it's gamers to look through and play according to the mission requirements. When I played Skyrim for the first time the quest marker created around it, made it enjoyable. 

When it comes to recycling assets, I kind of spotted some stuff...

If you look at the castle's big hall in RE8, with the stairs, it's basically similar to the house in RE7. There's even a similar courtyard. This is done so Capcom can add a new shell to the same location, to save money. From their point of view, it maybe makes sense that they would have to perhaps use at least some of the same logged areas, and redesign those somewhat. But if players start to notice this is a trend, they may feel that it's lazy.

I'm not sure if I see it as laziness. More like a cost cutting practice. But I've grown not to like the tedious 'stalker' AI. I mean, it's just the same mechanic, really, and when there's a table in front of you, it's so obvious that this is the position where their attacks don't reach you. So maybe it's time they made a better stalker enemy, as these are definitely the ones that RE fans consider to be the most terrifying or bothersome to the player, so that is a legacy that they have to hold dear to them...

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, I believe that every video game have a time of expiration for any gamer, so it's not surprising that you have decided to call it quits on playing RE franchise. 

The same way that you decided to quit on playing FIFA games because it's no longer satisfying to why it's purchased. 

Some RE fans that I know, are highly hypocritical. In fact, the RE community is in my opinion, one of the worst online for backbiting and squabbles. Not that you guys are bad.

But basically, I know this one guy, who is named twitter handle removed by mod on Twitter. About 4 years ago, this guy was renowned on YouTube for his angry rants on Capcom. He was mad that Capcom chose not to hire Alyson Court to reprise her role as Claire Redfield, for what ended up being a half-baked, development hell piece of crud, RE2 "remake" (more like a piss take). Apart from that, he said that Shinji Mikami should buy the rights to his creation. Yet it is Capcom's IP. 🙄

Anyway, he kept saying he would not purchase the game, prior to the actual annoucement at E3 in 2018. He even referred to RE7 supporters as being sell-outs. Although he did admit later on that there was things he said because he was upset, and it seems now every week or so, he posts crap on his community tab that he soon deletes, about his absence or lack of new content being linked to his mental health issues. Like, seriously. Why not just make one post about it instead of saying this every week? It makes somebody look like they're just looking for attention. 

He also said really stupid things like, "Capcom changed the series because his followers 'sent' Capcom his videos!" In your dreams, dude. 😪

Now he gets interviews on his channel with a lot of the people who did voice work in the older games, just because I told him during one of his ego trips that nobody involved with Capcom knew who he was. Kudos to him. But honestly, he is now another lapdog for Capcom, with a channel that has seen better days. So all that stuff he said years ago (in now deleted videos) didn't hold water. Plus, he gave the new RE movie 10/10 (even though I'm certain that 98% of the fanboys hate it) and acts all optimistic, and whatnot.

I'm not convinced he changed his tune because he truly believes he means what he says. He changed because other YouTubers mocked him and goaded him into being like they are, so he took on board their criticism. After I defended him, he ended up siding with the people who were previously against him. And I'm not like that at all. I've always believed that rather than going with the flow, you should just be honest about your thoughts on a franchise you support, and not make excuses for a terrible entry, just because you think everybody else will get on their high horse if you're seen as the odd one out. 😐

But I find this is funny...

Edited by Shagger

45 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

Some RE fans that I know, are highly hypocritical. In fact, the RE community is in my opinion, one of the worst online for backbiting and squabbles. Not that you guys are bad.

But basically, I know this one guy, who is named @Nemesisx25 on Twitter. About 4 years ago, this guy was renowned on YouTube for his angry rants on Capcom. He was mad that Capcom chose not to hire Alyson Court to reprise her role as Claire Redfield, for what ended up being a half-baked, development hell piece of crud, RE2 "remake" (more like a piss take). Apart from that, he said that Shinji Mikami should buy the rights to his creation. Yet it is Capcom's IP. 🙄

Anyway, he kept saying he would not purchase the game, prior to the actual annoucement at E3 in 2018. He even referred to RE7 supporters as being sell-outs. Although he did admit later on that there was things he said because he was upset, and it seems now every week or so, he posts crap on his community tab that he soon deletes, about his absence or lack of new content being linked to his mental health issues. Like, seriously. Why not just make one post about it instead of saying this every week? It makes somebody look like they're just looking for attention. 

He also said really stupid things like, "Capcom changed the series because his followers 'sent' Capcom his videos!" In your dreams, dude. 😪

Now he gets interviews on his channel with a lot of the people who did voice work in the older games, just because I told him during one of his ego trips that nobody involved with Capcom knew who he was. Kudos to him. But honestly, he is now another lapdog for Capcom, with a channel that has seen better days. So all that stuff he said years ago (in now deleted videos) didn't hold water. Plus, he gave the new RE movie 10/10 (even though I'm certain that 98% of the fanboys hate it) and acts all optimistic, and whatnot.

I'm not convinced he changed his tune because he truly believes he means what he says. He changed because other YouTubers mocked him and goaded him into being like they are, so he took on board their criticism. After I defended him, he ended up siding with the people who were previously against him. And I'm not like that at all. I've always believed that rather than going with the flow, you should just be honest about your thoughts on a franchise you support, and not make excuses for a terrible entry, just because you think everybody else will get on their high horse if you're seen as the odd one out. 😐

But I find this is funny...

Having experienced both Resident Evil gaming community and Fortnite gaming community, I'd pick RE community because there is nothing good to write home about Fortnite fan boys. 

I've never played Fortnite, but I know that's likely why Capcom has all this dumb shit in their games now. Like that battle royale mode they were supposed to release alongside RE8.

It got delayed ages ago, and I've yet to hear about it, along with whatever DLC they had planned for the base game.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:33 PM, Candy Stick said:

I've never played Fortnite, but I know that's likely why Capcom has all this dumb shit in their games now. Like that battle royale mode they were supposed to release alongside RE8.

It got delayed ages ago, and I've yet to hear about it, along with whatever DLC they had planned for the base game.

Seriously, Fortnite is a major disappointment in video games now. Capcom is now battle with EA and Ubisoft who would be the best shitty company. 

Precisely.

What will Capcom do when they cannot make any more crappy remakes? Remake the remake, and do it as another third person shooter? 

Seriously. If they ever touch the RE1 remake, I'll have to overcome my fear of flying, head to Japan, and infiltrate Capcom HQ. 😆

Of course, a lot of people forget that the Chronicles games were actually created as semi-remakes, so meh. 

But it just shows that they have nothing left, in terms of creativity. They feel awfully stifled. So I know that's why they are remaking so much shite, year after year. They really wouldn't be doing that if they had enough ideas going forward. But I mean, they add in throwaway villains in every game now, so it's obvious that they are just thinking up new ways of doing filler games. 

Also, I agree with this guy 110% here. Just who wrote the plot for RE8? It's trash, and makes no sense. 😑

44 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

Precisely.

What will Capcom do when they cannot make any more crappy remakes? Remake the remake, and do it as another third person shooter? 

Seriously. If they ever touch the RE1 remake, I'll have to overcome my fear of flying, head to Japan, and infiltrate Capcom HQ. 😆

Of course, a lot of people forget that the Chronicles games were actually created as semi-remakes, so meh. 

But it just shows that they have nothing left, in terms of creativity. They feel awfully stifled. So I know that's why they are remaking so much shite, year after year. They really wouldn't be doing that if they had enough ideas going forward. But I mean, they add in throwaway villains in every game now, so it's obvious that they are just thinking up new ways of doing filler games. 

Also, I agree with this guy 110% here. Just who wrote the plot for RE8? It's trash, and makes no sense. 😑

It's actually why I didn't get to play the Resident Evil 8 that much because I felt it never offered something valuable that's worth the time.