Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

While I wasn't really a big fan of RE7 either, I was a bit curious about the DLC called Not a Hero, that mentioned a new organisation called the Connections. Yet RE8 mentions none of that stuff whatsoever. It doesn't even seem like Capcom cares enough about it.

Capcom has this really annoying habit of 'drip feeding' plot aspects into every new game, taking forever to reach any real conclusion. It's almost like holding a juicy carrot in front of a donkey, so you stay tuned for what really ends up being another cliffhanger. It's so boring. But at least Chris looks like Chris from RE6, because his redesign in 7 made people think it wasn't even really supposed to be Chris.

I don't know. I think they're just continuing a dull story that won't go anywhere. I honestly hate how they've left Jill out of the series since 2009, not including remakes and spin off games that predate the events of RE5. And now the ending to RE8 suggests Ethan may still be alive. He apparently approaches the car that Rosemary is in.

16 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

While I wasn't really a big fan of RE7 either, I was a bit curious about the DLC called Not a Hero, that mentioned a new organisation called the Connections. Yet RE8 mentions none of that stuff whatsoever. It doesn't even seem like Capcom cares enough about it.

Capcom has this really annoying habit of 'drip feeding' plot aspects into every new game, taking forever to reach any real conclusion. It's almost like holding a juicy carrot in front of a donkey, so you stay tuned for what really ends up being another cliffhanger. It's so boring. But at least Chris looks like Chris from RE6, because his redesign in 7 made people think it wasn't even really supposed to be Chris.

I don't know. I think they're just continuing a dull story that won't go anywhere. I honestly hate how they've left Jill out of the series since 2009, not including remakes and spin off games that predate the events of RE5. And now the ending to RE8 suggests Ethan may still be alive. He apparently approaches the car that Rosemary is in.

They have simply run out of ideas on what to do and it's very obvious with what they have been making for years now with stack distinction. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's actually why I didn't get to play the Resident Evil 8 that much because I felt it never offered something valuable that's worth the time. 

You're talking about the Resident Evil Village? I actually did liked that part of the RE games for no reason to be very honest with you. 

I'll have more to say, after Capcom confirms the DLC. Right now, I'm at a loss of what to contribute. Feels like I've exhausted myself. 😀

To be honest, I hardly ever play games anymore. I would, if there was something good to play. But it's a nuisance playing old consoles on a HDMI televsion, as they don't easily work with AV cables. Not got much room either, as I have a lot of boxes.

But yeah. These modern RE games are bogus. Although I actually really like Revelations 2. If Capcom wanted to do more games like that, anything has to be better than this nonsense with Ethan Winters, AKA the guy you never see. 

7 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I'll have more to say, after Capcom confirms the DLC. Right now, I'm at a loss of what to contribute. Feels like I've exhausted myself. 😀

To be honest, I hardly ever play games anymore. I would, if there was something good to play. But it's a nuisance playing old consoles on a HDMI televsion, as they don't easily work with AV cables. Not got much room either, as I have a lot of boxes.

But yeah. These modern RE games are bogus. Although I actually really like Revelations 2. If Capcom wanted to do more games like that, anything has to be better than this nonsense with Ethan Winters, AKA the guy you never see. 

They are simply just going round in circles with what they have been doing so and they are being well encouraged to keep doing that as gamers keep buying into the games. Why would they stop? 

Well, they say Rosemary Winters is meant to be the true form of Eveline. So they did leave it off with an interesting note. 

Still hardly feels anything like RE, though. LOL. They've changed up these games so much, that if you didn't notice the title, you could be forgiven for thinking it's not a RE game. Capcom also knows that they need fish bait, so they use iconic characters like Chris as the fish bait. 

We went from zombies to villagers, to mould. And RE6 had a guy turning into a dinosaur at one point. Not that RE6 is by any means great, but at least the game resembled RE way more than 7 and 8.

Capcom, are you guys crazy over there? 🤔

5 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

We went from zombies to villagers, to mould. And RE6 had a guy turning into a dinosaur at one point. Not that RE6 is by any means great, but at least the game resembled RE way more than 7 and 8.

Capcom, are you guys crazy over there? 🤔

And RE6 had a guy turning into a dinosaur at one point.. 

This part was completely off from what they were doing because it never followed their protocol. 

Capcom, are you guys crazy over there? 🤔.... That needs to be forwarded to their support email. 

14 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Thanks. I may just do that. 😆

The Game Awards is tomorrow, so do you think RE8 will win this year? 🤤

I mean, what is it going up against anyway? 

The parameters with which the give these awards always looks like it's manipulated to me but anyways let's see which game picks it up. 

8 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

So far, Maggie Robertson has won the Best Character award for her role as Alcina Dimitrescu. How typical. 😝

Oh, and Alan Wake II was announced for 2023. 😍

That was actually expected in the role of Robertson Maggie capturing the price but Alann Wake too is something that I never really saw coming.

I'm kind of surprised that RE8 lost, but it wasn't really Game of the Year material in the eyes of many, as they just didn't do a worthy follow up to RE7. 

I'm not a big fan of RE7, but it was great that Capcom finally got the message that fans like having the old school survival horror feel back, after the long slew of run and gun ones like RE4, 5 and 6. But RE8 was just a cash grab to hype up the RE4 remake, that I suspect will be trash and nothing like the original. 

Now I just hope that the unconfirmed DLC for RE8 won't be about Lady Dimitrescu, because of Maggie Robertson claiming the only RE8 themed award last night. But they were very keen on plugging her character when the game was going to be released in the first place. But I suppose since she ended up being a relatively minor antagonist, they may not bother focusing so much on her any longer. 

But still. They've got to show something about it soon, and that RE: Verse too. 

I like the Silent Hill hint that this guy said during the event. He mentioned loving the art direction. Then he said: "I hope we get another one of those!" 😋

Seems he could secretly know something... 

14 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

So far, Maggie Robertson has won the Best Character award for her role as Alcina Dimitrescu. How typical. 😝

Oh, and Alan Wake II was announced for 2023. 😍

These are actually some of her roleplay character scenes in resident evil 8 and it seems to be well depicted here.

The game does have impressive voice acting. But in general, it's not one of the better sequels in the series. 

I don't know what to make of the time jump at the end. Would Rosemary being a teenager not make Chris like, 19 years older? Unless she ages quicker because of the mould. But that epilogue has me thinking Ethan came back, somehow.