Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, I see, he's simply mad at the way Resident Evil series have performed overall ever since he started playing the series. I simply want to know the options that frustrated him the more or it's simply general. 

If you can take the time to read from the beginning of the thread, you will definitely be able to pick out all that had him frustrated with Capcom and RE franchise. 

19 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's the partying emoji  🥳 for me. What are you partying about 😂? Is the new DLC out already? 🙄 

I don't really that that any new DLC has been pushed out yet, otherwise he would be here already to talk about it because it's kind of his thing. 

Today I'm gonna party like it's 1999. 

At least RE was still scary then. That's also the year Capcom destroyed Raccoon City in the canon. Well, it was in 1998 in the story, but RE3 was released in 1999.

Rather than moving on, they've revisited Raccoon City countless times. That wouldn't be such a bad thing, if the various mediums were good. Besides maybe the Outbreak games, I have struggled to understand why people like the remakes, as they changed the story. And they cannot keep saying RE2 is better than 3, as they are both just as guilty of changing everything from the originals.

5 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

At least RE was still scary then. That's also the year Capcom destroyed Raccoon City in the canon. Well, it was in 1998 in the story, but RE3 was released in 1999.

Rather than moving on, they've revisited Raccoon City countless times. That wouldn't be such a bad thing, if the various mediums were good. Besides maybe the Outbreak games, I have struggled to understand why people like the remakes, as they changed the story. And they cannot keep saying RE2 is better than 3, as they are both just as guilty of changing everything from the originals.

Yeah, the constant change took more toll than it added more value to the game. Only if they had a better narrative to make the remakes from. 

13 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Capcom lost their touch once they destroyed Raccoon City. They really didn't know the way forward from there and it was very obvious from what they kept doing. 

36 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Capcom lost their touch once they destroyed Raccoon City. They really didn't know the way forward from there and it was very obvious from what they kept doing. 

Exactly, a major part of their plot was certainly centered on Raccoon City and once the city was gone, they lost it. 

Pre-Destruction

RE2

RE3

Post-Destruction

RE: Outbreak

RE: Outbreak #2 (technically just an expansion)

^

These are the only good spin off games that feature Raccoon City...

😞 

Because we also received this nonsense, too...

Resident Evil (first movie, with Alice in the city near the end)

RE: Operation Raccoon City

RE: Apocalypse (2nd RE movie, by Paul Anderson)

Umbrella Corps (****ing online multiplayer trash!)

RE: Degeneration (first released animated movie, with a flashback) 

RE2 remake

RE3 remake

The Ghost Survivors (DLC in RE2)

Resident Evil: Resistance (DLC in RE3)

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021 movie reboot)

Resident Evil (New Netflix series, but not sure of its name, although it may just be simply "Resident Evil")

*I probably shouldn't bother adding any DLC. But... yeah. It's sad how Capcom keeps milking Raccoon City, and soon to be RE4, and no doubt other games... 😛

So there you have it. It's a case of Capcom ripping off other games and films for their sequels, that are not related to Raccoon City. But basically, this is all they keep on doing. So if they are ever to well and truly move things ahead, they need to stop going back to 1998. Because I don't care how popular the old games are. Just play those said old games, and don't buy the new crap that is being made, because Capcom is only interested in receiving your hard earned dosh... 

53 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

I'll admit it: Lady Dimitrescu was a great boss. Got to love the way she turns into a black dragon thing. Let's keep telling Capcom this belongs in RE! 😛 

https://venturebeat.com/2021/12/27/resident-evil-village-wins-the-not-perfect-but-most-memorable-award-for-2021/

I have always loved Lady Dimitrescu especially when it comes to her flirting character role playing. She did it perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

I'll admit it: Lady Dimitrescu was a great boss. Got to love the way she turns into a black dragon thing. Let's keep telling Capcom this belongs in RE! 😛 

https://venturebeat.com/2021/12/27/resident-evil-village-wins-the-not-perfect-but-most-memorable-award-for-2021/

Personally, I believe that the character of Lady Dimitrescu really won and deserves the award by a long stretch.