Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

Yeah.

There's concept art about cut content from RE8 with Ada wearing a mask, and one thing that was left out is an appearance by Ada Wong (the spy from RE2, 4, etc). So it's possible that due to popular demand, she may be in the game. But I honestly don't know how her just showing up at random to assist the player makes sense.

In RE4, yeah, she just showed up and helped Leon, but her mission was deeper than that, to procure a Las Plagas specimen. So I don't really like how Capcom is just inserting classic characters into these dumbass storylines, because it makes zero sense. Like in RE7, you never see any iconic characters until the very end. But to me, it felt made up. For fan service, really. But it's not very well structured. Because Ethan was the main character in an already disjointed sequel. They cart him off, so you can play Chris instead. But I think RE8 may be doing the same things.

11 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

We're still waiting on what you have in store for us, Capcom.

I don't want to die of old age before this DLC should arrive, Capcom. 😉 

If they really were to add Ada Wong into the game, that would feel so out of place, but they had intended to have her in the game. Uh... RE4, much!? 😛 

The wait continues as far as Capcom is concerned, we haven't waited long enough to get the DLC 😂. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Let's keep waiting for them since we don't have anything to do or anywhere else to go until Capcom decides to do that needful. 

Yeah, that's a fact. If there is another thing for us to do, I'm very that so many other people would have done it by now to force their hands. 

On 1/8/2022 at 11:37 PM, Heatman said:

It's just like any other gaming award event that's been carried out in the past. If you have ever attended one, it's basically just the same thing. 

That's cool to hear, I never attended any gaming awards before, I am looking up to attend when in the future. Thanks for sharing the similarities. 

5 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

I hope they didn't cancel Revelations 3, as that's one of RE's saving graces. 

OK. Half these news articles keep disappearing on me, although it doesn't quite say if it was axed.

https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-revelations-3-spinoff-episodic/

They can actually do what they like and if it's canceling Revelations 3, I'm very sure that they wouldn't think twice about it. 

I know. They are total money grabbers. Have been for years, in fact, so why should we complain now?

Capcom would get more sales by putting it on consoles and handhelds. They do that anyway, but there is a longer wait for consoles for some reason. Seems kind of dopey.

I even suspect Naughty Dog is gonna go the same route with their remake. And that TV series and director's cut of the second game. Rehashing the same story for multiple mediums. Sure, it could turn out jiffy. But it is relying on the reception of something already established. 

I think they realized killing off Joel was not wise.

5 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

I know. They are total money grabbers. Have been for years, in fact, so why should we complain now?

Capcom would get more sales by putting it on consoles and handhelds. They do that anyway, but there is a longer wait for consoles for some reason. Seems kind of dopey.

I even suspect Naughty Dog is gonna go the same route with their remake. And that TV series and director's cut of the second game. Rehashing the same story for multiple mediums. Sure, it could turn out jiffy. But it is relying on the reception of something already established. 

I think they realized killing off Joel was not wise.

And funny enough, you will definitely see some wankers being in full support of the trash that they have been making as of late. Seriously, on the killing off Joel, I never saw that coming. 

19 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

Despite Joel's death, I didn't find the game otherwise unenjoyable. I actually cannot wait for a part 3. 

Is there plans on ground yet for the making of the part 3? I'm not sure if I have heard anything on that for a while now. 

14 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Despite Joel's death, I didn't find the game otherwise unenjoyable. I actually cannot wait for a part 3. 

Everything is all up to Capcom to decide what angle they are going to be following next with the remakes that they are supposed to make and not to make.