Register Now
Knight Plug

I finally conceded, and have giving up on Resident Evil...

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

Personally, once I get a whiff that you don't know exactly or anything about the subject being discussed, I'm definitely ignoring the person immediately. 

It's not only on GameFAQs that you meet such gamers. They are just about all over most forums and they even have their own platforms where they drown themselves in their mediocrity. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's not only on GameFAQs that you meet such gamers. They are just about all over most forums and they even have their own platforms where they drown themselves in their mediocrity. 

To each with their own. So, if worse comes to worst, I would use my avoidance-avoidance strategy and get by. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

To each with their own. So, if worse comes to worst, I would use my avoidance-avoidance strategy and get by. 

Exactly, whichever way you know how to best deal with them, it's better to do so and be on a safer route to gaming healthy. 

I have completely lost interest in talking about Resident Evil these days. To me, it's a dead franchise. It became that way because of the changes since 2005.

Once they zapped away the identity it had to start off with, because they just wanted to follow the latest trends, they just made it become so silly. 

It's not really dead, though, as they still make games. But it's just when you look at where it all started in 1996 to where it's ended up, I don't know. It's kind of just a pile of nonsense in my eyes. But hey. Why should Capcom care anyway? 

They just laugh all the way to the bank. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

I just came up on this article on Game Rant about a fan remake of Resident Evil : Code Veronica which is to be released this year. What's your thoughts on that? 

https://gamerant.com/capcom-inspiration-fan-made-resident-evil-remake-third-person-pov-rpd-scenario/

For a fan to have something that interesting to teach Capcom when it comes to remaking RE, that's something I can take with a lot of comfort. 

CV is a very long game. It feels like RE2 in a way, as you spend a good portion of the game as one character, before changing to the other one, with a third character briefly controllable. That being Steve Burnside. 

If Capcom officially remade it, they would have to take into account the approach to making it just as lengthy. 

9 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

CV is a very long game. It feels like RE2 in a way, as you spend a good portion of the game as one character, before changing to the other one, with a third character briefly controllable. That being Steve Burnside. 

If Capcom officially remade it, they would have to take into account the approach to making it just as lengthy. 

I think that they are working on the remake of Resident Evil : Code Veronic and if they are any serious about the game, they will be looking at perfecting it. 

3 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

After Revelations 2, I was briefly pleased that they were gradually getting back on form. But I don't know if they will follow up to that game. It's one of my favourites now...

If Capcom have any simple sense, they are definitely going to follow on the game at least anytime sooner because it's a game that really gave something that's worth it like RE 4.

Unlike RE4 though, I think Revelations 2 was a way more atmospheric third person horror game upon its release. It actually felt creepy in parts, even if other protagonists were helping you. Definitely a very underrated game. 

But what I don't get is how RE6 is universally panned, when that's a game that gave you more control, and while it was action heavy, it was about a virus, and the plot even had zombies in Leon's campaign. So I don't get how 4 and 5 are praised, while 6 is rarely talked about anymore.

4 and 5 were about the Las Plagas, but that point in RE's history didn't have anything to do with the previous games about Umbrella. Somehow, Capcom just worked a strange story around that, and introduced classic characters again. But besides that, there was little resemblance to any older RE game like CV, or Zero

Just now, Candy Stick said:

Unlike RE4 though, I think Revelations 2 was a way more atmospheric third person horror game upon its release. It actually felt creepy in parts, even if other protagonists were helping you. Definitely a very underrated game. 

But what I don't get is how RE6 is universally panned, when that's a game that gave you more control, and while it was action heavy, it was about a virus, and the plot even had zombies in Leon's campaign. So I don't get how 4 and 5 are praised, while 6 is rarely talked about anymore.

4 and 5 were about the Las Plagas, but that point in RE's history didn't have anything to do with the previous games about Umbrella. Somehow, Capcom just worked a strange story around that, and introduced classic characters again. But besides that, there was little resemblance to any older RE game like CV, or Zero

Seriously, it is gets to a point where I find it very difficult to understand what's going on with Capcom and how they run the Resident Evil franchise anymore. 

6 hours ago, egghead said:

I have watched a couple of movies in Resident Evil franchise but never played any Resident Evil games. The movies are based on the games. I like horror genre in movies, but I do not like playing horror games.

How are you able to love and be cool with watching horror movies but can't get into playing horror video games? 

7 hours ago, egghead said:

I have watched a couple of movies in Resident Evil franchise but never played any Resident Evil games. The movies are based on the games. I like horror genre in movies, but I do not like playing horror games.

The movies are a bit similar to the games, but more so loosely connected.

I didn't like the portrayal of some of the game to big screen adaptions of the characters. For example, they made Barry into a wuss. But they are okay movies if you just like them as general movies with zombies, and over the top action.